LegacyGT.com

Legacy Got Hit Looking at Q50

On my way to work, a car didn't see me and merged into my Legacy 3.6r. It caused about 4k of damaged because it damaged both my passenger front and rear doors. The wait time will be over a month until everything is fixed because the collision place is ordering two doors from Subaru parts.

I was given an 2021 Infinty Q50 turbo. This car is really nice. It reminded how big and bulky the Legacy is. I like the transmission and sharp steering in this car. I also like the turbo without driving stick like in my wrx.

My family has owned 8 subarus in the past 20 years and never owned an Infinity. Anyone own an Infinity before? I'm having second thoughts and considering selling my 3.6r. Anyone ever got in an accident and want to sell the car?

On my way to work, a car didn't see me and merged into my Legacy 3.6r. It caused about 4k of damaged because it damaged both my passenger front and rear doors. The wait time will be over a month until everything is fixed because the collision place is ordering two doors from Subaru parts.

I was given an 2021 Infinty Q50 turbo. This car is really nice. It reminded how big and bulky the Legacy is. I like the transmission and sharp steering in this car. I also like the turbo without driving stick like in my wrx.

My family has owned 8 subarus in the past 20 years and never owned an Infinity. Anyone own an Infinity before? I'm having second thoughts and considering selling my 3.6r. Anyone ever got in an accident and want to sell the car?

Damn that sucks.. Never owned a Infinity but I'm leening towards a Lexus for my next car..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I have not been on this forum in years so I decided to make a new sn for this post in specific.

About the Q50. Avoid that car and ANY Infiniti product like the plague!

I have been away so long because I decided to buy a G37 and then traded up to the Q50 Redsport 400 AWD. The G37 has massive oil leaks caused by several VVEL Solenoids. And the Redsport was just plagued by turbo failures. And that’s not to mention the severely outdated tech in the car.

It got so bad with the Q50 I actually traded it for a 19 3.6 limited and personally I am happy as a duck in water without the headache of that car. Infiniti is a dying arm of Nissan. The service frankly sucks. A lot of the mechanics have little knowledge of the cars and no desire to fix them properly under warranty. Off warranty they try to stick you with huge bills for parts that were fixed before. The S model like you had as a loner/rental is a fairly decent car as far as handling and performance however the AWD or X versions in earlier cars frankly is worthless to be honest. If I ever buy a Nissan product again it will be a GTR and only a GTR.

@Grnlantern1 I had a 2008 ISF and it was one of the best cars I have ever had hands down! Power when you need it and a true sleeper as well. However sadly it was hit and totaled in 2010. But I look at ISFs like I look at WRXs it’s hard to get one that has not been abused and when you do find the right one you pay through the nose! Learned that lesson with the Wife’s S4 and her ever loving quest for the elusive six speed.

@Grnlantern1 I had a 2008 ISF and it was one of the best cars I have ever had hands down! Power when you need it and a true sleeper as well. However sadly it was hit and totaled in 2010. But I look at ISFs like I look at WRXs it’s hard to get one that has not been abused and when you do find the right one you pay through the nose! Learned that lesson with the Wife’s S4 and her ever loving quest for the elusive six speed...

I am actually interested in the GSF and not the ISF... It's the Top End of the GS Series.. and Yes finding one from the right owner would be difficult just like you stated Wrx Owners who break them and sell them off..

@GrnLantern1,

My mistake. I rarely look at any other Toyota products with exception of the Wife’s daily Scion TC anymore. That is a fine car I will admit. Problem is that any Toyota seat from 2012 regardless of brand/model(only exception is the LX models) hurt my back when driven more then ten miles or so.

Now the LS500 I have test driven and I can say that it is floaty. It’s on the same “Floaty” level as our Legacy’s in the corners. Have you looked at a Cadillac V series at all? I am just thinking the size and HP on cars other then a Toyota product. Or are you set on a bigger Lexus with four doors?

@GrnLantern1,

My mistake. I rarely look at any other Toyota products with exception of the Wife’s daily Scion TC anymore. That is a fine car I will admit. Problem is that any Toyota seat from 2012 regardless of brand/model(only exception is the LX models) hurt my back when driven more then ten miles or so.

Now the LS500 I have test driven and I can say that it is floaty. It’s on the same “Floaty” level as our Legacy’s in the corners. Have you looked at a Cadillac V series at all? I am just thinking the size and HP on cars other then a Toyota product. Or are you set on a bigger Lexus with four doors?

I prefer Japanese Cars over American Cars and have been looking at Lexus for the Reliability and Maintenance Costs.. They rank in the Top 5 last time I checked.. I've also looked at the GS350 F Sport but Kinda wanted to move up..

OP,

I never cast blame on others, but have been in situations where the dude in the lane I’m trying to merge into has been a total ass, either closing the gap I’m trying to get into quickly, not getting over if it’s prudent or some other form of “I own the road” behavior. At the very least these people aren’t being defensive.

Ideally traffic should leave a gap and maintain speed or get over. I hate when I maintain a steady acceleration and plan to get in behind a car only to find them braking and matching my speed, right in my blind spot! Luckily Subarus have very little blind spots; the BSW helps too

Again, not blaming you. Just a PSA for anyone who doesn’t get it and a bit of a vent/rant for those who do.

@GrnLantern1,

My mistake. I rarely look at any other Toyota products with exception of the Wife’s daily Scion TC anymore. That is a fine car I will admit. Problem is that any Toyota seat from 2012 regardless of brand/model(only exception is the LX models) hurt my back when driven more then ten miles or so.:cool::cool:

I don’t think “floaty” will be a problem for long after @GrnLantern1 gets his hands on it! :cool:

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

@Grnlantern1,

Going against what I just said about Infiniti. Have you Checked out a M56 Xs at all? Car in Xs form is a bit rare but that Nissan 5.6 V8 as much as I hate to admit it is bombproof. And its over 400 house as well. The only issue is the outdated tech that seems to plauge the Infiniti in general.

OP,

I never cast blame on others, but have been in situations where the dude in the lane I’m trying to merge into has been a total ass, either closing the gap I’m trying to get into quickly, not getting over if it’s prudent or some other form of “I own the road” behavior. At the very least these people aren’t being defensive.

Ideally traffic should leave a gap and maintain speed or get over. I hate when I maintain a steady acceleration and plan to get in behind a car only to find them braking and matching my speed, right in my blind spot! Luckily Subarus have very little blind spots; the BSW helps too

Again, not blaming you. Just a PSA for anyone who doesn’t get it and a bit of a vent/rant for those who do.

I don’t think “floaty” will be a problem for long after @GrnLantern1 gets his hands on it! :cool:

You just described pretty much everyone commute at least once a week my friend. Funny think is that all the other drivers doing what you describe are generally Outback drivers where I live. what really gets me upset is when someone is pacing me and wont pass or another big thing here is out of six lanes of highway that are sometimes empty including a Diamond lane they are pacing you or right next to you and wont pass. However my favorite of all time is the "fast and furious" aggressive drivers that are all over every lane then you get to your exit and they are stuck at the light.

And as far as blind spots its funny since I mainly use a 15 year old R18 Eighth Gen Civic as a daily driver commuter car I keep forgetting about the BSM when I get into the Legacy. But then again I have only put 320 miles on the Legacy since Feb.

The main thing with "floaty" is I love an aftermarket setup and generally its the first thing I do. A quick call to Yoshi at Cusco generally solves my cravings with part numbers for new sways and strut tower bar. However in the last few years I have had to resort to Hotchkis for my sway bars. I pretty much gave up on Whiteline except for links.

My last DD was an 8th gen Civic LX coupe. It was my wife’s - she got my Forester when we had kids and I got her Civic. Bleach. I hates that thing, but it was so cheap to own I couldn’t justify getting rid of it. That is, until a family member needed a second car AND I happened to find my 15 Leggy Premium for 15,750 four years ago!

Oh, speaking of fast and furious, I had a can cut right in front of me as I was merging in. The guy behind me and I had to brake hard not to get into an accident.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I have not been on this forum in years so I decided to make a new sn for this post in specific.

About the Q50. Avoid that car and ANY Infiniti product like the plague!

I have been away so long because I decided to buy a G37 and then traded up to the Q50 Redsport 400 AWD. The G37 has massive oil leaks caused by several VVEL Solenoids. And the Redsport was just plagued by turbo failures. And that’s not to mention the severely outdated tech in the car.

It got so bad with the Q50 I actually traded it for a 19 3.6 limited and personally I am happy as a duck in water without the headache of that car. Infiniti is a dying arm of Nissan. The service frankly sucks. A lot of the mechanics have little knowledge of the cars and no desire to fix them properly under warranty. Off warranty they try to stick you with huge bills for parts that were fixed before. The S model like you had as a loner/rental is a fairly decent car as far as handling and performance however the AWD or X versions in earlier cars frankly is worthless to be honest. If I ever buy a Nissan product again it will be a GTR and only a GTR.

@Grnlantern1 I had a 2008 ISF and it was one of the best cars I have ever had hands down! Power when you need it and a true sleeper as well. However sadly it was hit and totaled in 2010. But I look at ISFs like I look at WRXs it’s hard to get one that has not been abused and when you do find the right one you pay through the nose! Learned that lesson with the Wife’s S4 and her ever loving quest for the elusive six speed.

I had a friend with a q50 from 2014 and he had it for 3 years until he finished the lease and went with an audio a4. He said he had no problems with the q50. He actually liked it a lot but wanted something new.

What I like about the q50 is the size, engine, and feel. The latest q50 reminds me of my original legacy gt. The GT used to be an entry level luxury car IMHO with the spec b. Inifinty has 4 year warranties. My close friend still has his g37 after 10 years. No issues as well.

I plan to sell my 3.6r this week. It's served me well. I still have my Ascent and WRX.

My last DD was an 8th gen Civic LX coupe. It was my wife’s - she got my Forester when we had kids and I got her Civic. Bleach. I hates that thing, but it was so cheap to own I couldn’t justify getting rid of it. That is, until a family member needed a second car AND I happened to find my 15 Leggy Premium for 15,750 four years ago!

Oh, speaking of fast and furious, I had a can cut right in front of me as I was merging in. The guy behind me and I had to brake hard not to get into an accident.

I have to agree with you on the Civic. I bought it in 2006 with 8 miles on it. It was the Wife’s commuter car for about ten years before she switched to at home remote work. At least it’s the Coupe Ex. Funny thing is at the time my wife called me up when she was at the Honda dealer and asked if she should buy an Si that was “some Mugen edition” however she said she could not see why it was an additional eight grand more the dealership wanted! But the point at the time was a commuter car as she had an older C4 Vette and she wanted something with “better” fuel economy. Buy yeah when you are driving between 750-1,000 miles a week I can surly say a R18 that an Automatic sorta really sucks except for the fuel economy(42 MPG). But as you stated the cost to maintain this car is nothing. And it’s easy to work on at home as well.

I had a friend with a q50 from 2014 and he had it for 3 years until he finished the lease and went with an audio a4. He said he had no problems with the q50. He actually liked it a lot but wanted something new.

What I like about the q50 is the size, engine, and feel. The latest q50 reminds me of my original legacy gt. The GT used to be an entry level luxury car IMHO with the spec b. Inifinty has 4 year warranties. My close friend still has his g37 after 10 years. No issues as well.

I plan to sell my 3.6r this week. It's served me well. I still have my Ascent and WRX.

I have to say that I have also heard the same thing except people don’t go to German cars from the G or the Q. They generally go to more upscale Asian cars such as a GS350 F-Sport or something(hard to do when that car is disco now)

With the G I loved the car to be honest. The VQ37VHR is a great engine. The issue was the service and most of the dealers not knowing how to fix the issues. A fairly minor VVEL solenoid leak turned into a disaster twice and then when the power train warranty was gone it all of a sudden turned into a guessing game that could all of a sudden be thousands of dollars. Not impressed.

The VR30DDTT hands down is one of the best twin turbos stock from the factory as far as I am concerned in a car in that price range. In all fairness I had a JB4 tune on mine so maybe that was a factor with the turbos having issues. The huge thing that the Q50s and Redsport 400 are very disadvantaged on is Nissan decided to use the same 7AT from the G37 and it makes the Car very slow sub 3,500-4,000 range and then it takes off like a rocket. So all the power is in the middle and top end on these cars.

But yeah I would say the VR30DDTT cars are as much fun as a GT if not more fun. As far as the warranty Infiniti actually has a 70k on the powertrain.

As far as your friend the Audis are great as far as new with warranty and leased. German cars In general will have issues and it’s a matter of when not if. Surprisingly my Wife’s S4 has had very little issues except for the maintenance being expensive.

I would say anyone looking for a Q50 can always get a good lease deal as they can’t really sell them compared to other brands. My Redsport was a lease and it was $399 a month with 3k down. I just caution anyone looking at the brand to look at things like the outdated tech compared to the competition as well as the thought that Nissan is probably going to absorb the brand as sales are bad. Just some thoughts.

Why are you selling the 3.6? Biggest mistake I did was sell my 2008 3.0R about ten years back. Thankfully I got it back a few months later for a reduced price as the dealer could not sell it and it was about to go to auction.

Biggest mistake I did was sell my 2008 3.0R about ten years back. Thankfully I got it back a few months later for a reduced price as the dealer could not sell it and it was about to go to auction.

Unusual story there. I'd be interested in hearing more about how that came about, and also how long you kept it in it's "second life." :)

Unusual story there. I'd be interested in hearing more about how that came about, and also how long you kept it in it's "second life." :)

Yes it is an interesting story indeed.

So I had bought the car used with about 40k and was using it daily for a bot six months or so with zero issues. Now here’s the fun part. For some reason I did not know Subaru decided to put Bilsteins on the 3.0 and not the standard suspension. I found this odd since at the time they were heavily talking about the Spec B and the Bilsteins being a huge difference between the GT and that model besides the of course limited availability(funny thing as I was seeing Spec Bs all over for some reason). So long story short I blew out two Billsteins. Pretty simple fix and replacement right? Nope.

So on to the replacement which I had to directly order from Billsten and of course they were on backorder for two months. At that time I was getting sick of the waiting and got a refund and decided to go get a Camry and trade that Subaru(yeah best and most boring car in the world and it was a V6).

Needless to say about three months later some kid ran a light and tboned the Camry which they totaled out with 9k on it. I had noticed that the Toyota dealer still had my car and they reduced it so much that it was actually 3k less then they paid me for it. So I just decided to buy it and funny thing as it only has 12 miles on it since I traded it in. I knew about the suspension issue so what I did was just buy stock suspension parts and replace the top hats both from a plain Jane 2.5. And here the car sits rarely driven in my garage.

The only remaining issue is the wife calling the car color the. MOST awful color in the world which is the Harvest Gold Metallic. But to put things into perspective I have driven my Honda 26k this year, my 3.6 320 miles, and the 3.0 twenty miles.

One thing I will say is that 3.0R saved my life when I was driving it and I think I returned the favor to it and that’s why I bought it back is my excuse. Short story on that is I was coming up to a gradual but bling grade turn in the road and a disabled motorist was In the lane of travel and it was icy and light snow. I applied the brakes but the car started to slide a bit and the computer cut power to the throttle so I could maintain control after swaying about four times. Could have been a bad accident as that turn is very well know for that.

But here we sit in 2021!

I have to say that I have also heard the same thing except people don’t go to German cars from the G or the Q. They generally go to more upscale Asian cars such as a GS350 F-Sport or something(hard to do when that car is disco now)

With the G I loved the car to be honest. The VQ37VHR is a great engine. The issue was the service and most of the dealers not knowing how to fix the issues. A fairly minor VVEL solenoid leak turned into a disaster twice and then when the power train warranty was gone it all of a sudden turned into a guessing game that could all of a sudden be thousands of dollars. Not impressed.

The VR30DDTT hands down is one of the best twin turbos stock from the factory as far as I am concerned in a car in that price range. In all fairness I had a JB4 tune on mine so maybe that was a factor with the turbos having issues. The huge thing that the Q50s and Redsport 400 are very disadvantaged on is Nissan decided to use the same 7AT from the G37 and it makes the Car very slow sub 3,500-4,000 range and then it takes off like a rocket. So all the power is in the middle and top end on these cars.

But yeah I would say the VR30DDTT cars are as much fun as a GT if not more fun. As far as the warranty Infiniti actually has a 70k on the powertrain.

As far as your friend the Audis are great as far as new with warranty and leased. German cars In general will have issues and it’s a matter of when not if. Surprisingly my Wife’s S4 has had very little issues except for the maintenance being expensive.

I would say anyone looking for a Q50 can always get a good lease deal as they can’t really sell them compared to other brands. My Redsport was a lease and it was $399 a month with 3k down. I just caution anyone looking at the brand to look at things like the outdated tech compared to the competition as well as the thought that Nissan is probably going to absorb the brand as sales are bad. Just some thoughts.

Why are you selling the 3.6? Biggest mistake I did was sell my 2008 3.0R about ten years back. Thankfully I got it back a few months later for a reduced price as the dealer could not sell it and it was about to go to auction.

Biggest reason why I'm selling the 3.6r is the handling and engine. The 3.6r is a great car for comfort but it feels like I'm floating on the freeways. It doesn't handle well either. It's great for the family but we already have the ascent. I miss the G's on the turbo.

I've had the q50 for almost a month (rental while legacy getting repaired after getting hit) and the dual screen tech works great with android auto. I'm able to get the top screen to do Waze navigation and the bottom screen to display Spotify/Pandora tracks. It really looks great. The 2022 q50 models also have 16 a speaker bose systems. It sounds great...even better than my legacy which I thought we pretty good. The seats contour the body better on the q50.

I've had only subarus since 2005 (8 of them total) and looking for a change. I like the the looks of the q50 better than the a4, C class, lexus, etc.

I'll probably lease. I was thinking of the Legacy XT but I'm not a fan of the looks. And I'd rather have the dual screen q50 with buttons than the XT legacy mosnter tablet screen. We'll see.

Honestly I would not buy an Infiniti. When buying a car I drive and audit that drive of the car first thing. The tech comes second. I mean whats the point if the car drives like crap but the tech is great?

Why not look at Teslas at this point? Just saying a nice Model 3 will set you back just as much. With this car market Infiniti is really not giving any deals right now. 0.9% for 72 is the best you can get. However all that being said you can probably get a better deal since Infiniti are hard to push out the door compared to the competition.

I honestly hate the dual screen and love the single screen. However thats a preference. And I really hate the set up the the Lexus GS 350 reminds me of my old Avalon.

I really am not trying to harp on Infiniti. But the thing that still pisses me off is that the service was the worse I have ever had from any brand. I can deal with assclowns all day. But having them scoot me away multiple times from looking at the window between the service dept and the waiting room was a huge red flag. I guess my advice is if you like the car by all means lease it or buy it. The power train warranty is really only second to Kias. Just keep in mind Infiniti is a dying brand and you may have to go to a Nissan dealer in the near future to get service. Does it really matter? No.

Oh and speaking of Kia reminds me have you driven a Stinger in compare to the Q? Its honesty like night and day. More power as well. The one thing I do love however about the Q is the ability to dampen the suspension from the screen.

And I personally thing the Q is very outdated compared to some other cars. The Q60 not so much. But the Stinger is better looking, even the K5 is better looking. But l like so say you are going to drive what you want not what others want. Sorta like wondering sometimes why people buy the cars they do its crazy.

I test drove the stinger, loved it! Didn't wanna pay 45k to 50k for a sedan tho....other than price and lack of visibility it had very few draw backs as long as you get the top level trim. The lower trim seats and stereo were sub par vs Infiniti....but on par with Subaru.

Do you self a favor and at least give it a test.

I test drove the stinger, loved it! Didn't wanna pay 45k to 50k for a sedan tho....other than price and lack of visibility it had very few draw backs as long as you get the top level trim. The lower trim seats and stereo were sub par vs Infiniti....but on par with Subaru.

Do you self a favor and at least give it a test.

Exactly. I had the same issue. Drove a GT line and loved the car but hated the rest. Drove a GT2 and it was exactly what I wanted. but 50K for a Kia is something I really could not comprehend at all as now you have alot of other cars to choose from. However used off lease they are around 30K here with less they 40K on them.

One car I absolutely fell in love with was the Genesis with the five liter engine. Thats one car that surprises you.

Honestly I would not buy an Infiniti. When buying a car I drive and audit that drive of the car first thing. The tech comes second. I mean whats the point if the car drives like crap but the tech is great?

Why not look at Teslas at this point? Just saying a nice Model 3 will set you back just as much. With this car market Infiniti is really not giving any deals right now. 0.9% for 72 is the best you can get. However all that being said you can probably get a better deal since Infiniti are hard to push out the door compared to the competition.

I honestly hate the dual screen and love the single screen. However thats a preference. And I really hate the set up the the Lexus GS 350 reminds me of my old Avalon.

I really am not trying to harp on Infiniti. But the thing that still pisses me off is that the service was the worse I have ever had from any brand. I can deal with assclowns all day. But having them scoot me away multiple times from looking at the window between the service dept and the waiting room was a huge red flag. I guess my advice is if you like the car by all means lease it or buy it. The power train warranty is really only second to Kias. Just keep in mind Infiniti is a dying brand and you may have to go to a Nissan dealer in the near future to get service. Does it really matter? No.

Oh and speaking of Kia reminds me have you driven a Stinger in compare to the Q? Its honesty like night and day. More power as well. The one thing I do love however about the Q is the ability to dampen the suspension from the screen.

And I personally thing the Q is very outdated compared to some other cars. The Q60 not so much. But the Stinger is better looking, even the K5 is better looking. But l like so say you are going to drive what you want not what others want. Sorta like wondering sometimes why people buy the cars they do its crazy.

I have driven the Stinger. Our next door neighbor has one. But the entry level version he has, which is the budget (A little past 40k) is not as luxurious inside. The seats on the Q50 are better and more contoured. I also like the stereo in the q50 models. It's better than the Kia. And I'm not a fan of the Kia brand. Kia can't figure what their family of cars look like. I'm not spending 40k+ on a Kia. It's just a preference.

Q50 looks great too me. The front of the Q50 is one of the best looking cars in its class. It's like people telling me my subarus don't look great. When I bought the Legacy GT in 05, media was saying it looked like a Camry. I don't care. My only problem that I don't like with the Q50 is the premium gas and lack of space for storage.

As far as speed and power, the stock Q50 can do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, 1/4 low 13's, and trap @ 103mph. That might be slower than a Stinger but that's still quick for me. Those are better specs than a stock 21 STI and slighty lower specs than my Stage 2 WRX.

I'm still thinking about making the Q50 purchase because I still have my 3.6r Legacy.

I have driven the Stinger. Our next door neighbor has one. But the entry level version he has, which is the budget (A little past 40k) is not as luxurious inside. The seats on the Q50 are better and more contoured. I also like the stereo in the q50 models. It's better than the Kia. And I'm not a fan of the Kia brand. Kia can't figure what their family of cars look like. I'm not spending 40k+ on a Kia. It's just a preference.

Q50 looks great too me. The front of the Q50 is one of the best looking cars in its class. It's like people telling me my subarus don't look great. When I bought the Legacy GT in 05, media was saying it looked like a Camry. I don't care. My only problem that I don't like with the Q50 is the premium gas and lack of space for storage.

As far as speed and power, the stock Q50 can do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, 1/4 low 13's, and trap @ 103mph. That might be slower than a Stinger but that's still quick for me. Those are better specs than a stock 21 STI and slighty lower specs than my Stage 2 WRX.

I'm still thinking about making the Q50 purchase because I still have my 3.6r Legacy.

A Stock Q50S is more in the 5.5 or so range. The Redsport 400 is in the sub 5 range but honestly a JB4 tuner can fix the issue with the S model which I have no issue with.

The one thing that really bothered me with the Infiniti was the gas mileage. when the car sucks as much fuel as a V8 it sucks especially with the gas prices right now. And the other thing as you have mentioned is lack of storage space as the back seats do not go down and you just have a passthrough.

As far as the 4th gen Leggy looking like a Camry thats funny it does not look like a Camry at all. I think our cars now look more like Camrys especially since the door handles are off a Camry with some other Toyota innovations such as the stitched dash. Since Toyota has a state in Fuji this is what happens.

Agreed on the radio to a degree. I think the radio on the Q with the Bose option is OK. I tended to like my JBL setup the best on my 13 Camry XLE. The thing that sucks about the Harman in the Legacy is the lack of any treble or bass it just does it for me but not by much.

Now just throwing this out into the air for you. Acura is introducing the new S line. Just a thought. and if I am not mistaken those are Turbo. However I can say if you wait to buy that Q50 until Dec you will get a smoking deal. Its really not unheard of to get Q50's for less then $400 a month and especially if they have miles like the one you have they will be eager to sell the car.

As I like to say to each his own as long as you are enjoying it!

• 5 months later...
A Stock Q50S is more in the 5.5 or so range. The Redsport 400 is in the sub 5 range but honestly a JB4 tuner can fix the issue with the S model which I have no issue with.

The one thing that really bothered me with the Infiniti was the gas mileage. when the car sucks as much fuel as a V8 it sucks especially with the gas prices right now. And the other thing as you have mentioned is lack of storage space as the back seats do not go down and you just have a passthrough.

As far as the 4th gen Leggy looking like a Camry thats funny it does not look like a Camry at all. I think our cars now look more like Camrys especially since the door handles are off a Camry with some other Toyota innovations such as the stitched dash. Since Toyota has a state in Fuji this is what happens.

Agreed on the radio to a degree. I think the radio on the Q with the Bose option is OK. I tended to like my JBL setup the best on my 13 Camry XLE. The thing that sucks about the Harman in the Legacy is the lack of any treble or bass it just does it for me but not by much.

Now just throwing this out into the air for you. Acura is introducing the new S line. Just a thought. and if I am not mistaken those are Turbo. However I can say if you wait to buy that Q50 until Dec you will get a smoking deal. Its really not unheard of to get Q50's for less then $400 a month and especially if they have miles like the one you have they will be eager to sell the car.

As I like to say to each his own as long as you are enjoying it!

I've had the Q50 since November now and it's one of the best cars I've owned. I did a 0-60 test using the performance box device. 1/4 mile was 13.0 @100MPH. As far as gas, I was able to get 29mpg on the highway which is actually more than the 3.6r. The 2022 Boss system is better than my cousins 2017 Camry JBL system. Much better defined. The interior is quieter than his Camry that even helps more. TLX S model was in the 50K range. The Q50 get more per buck especially the engine for the mid 40k range. Really happy with my purchase.