LegacyGT.com

5 SMT 2005 turbo Hard gear shifter

Enock Muhangi Murungi

am not very technical; but i have some great responsibility towards my car. i listen to any unusual sounds and run for check ups at the slightest warning of something gone wrong.

well my issue is my gear shifter is hard!!! yah the mechanic has tried to adjust it ,somewhere under the pedal, clutch plate is fine; pressure, release bearing are all good. It happens a lot in the morning; gears one and two are hard; i have to clutch in a couple of times for it to engage;...if anyone has had this issue and has solved it - will be glad to learn from you.

NB; car is 100% stock, JDM, 200K+ mileage, daily drive

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you checked your shifter bushings? How much side-to-side play is there in the shifter? Fresh bushings, especially firmer bushings, and a readjustment of shift linkage made a lot of difference in my car.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Edited by norutah

Not many people talk about these cars being hard to shift.

If yours only shifts hard in the morning, maybe someone put the wrong (thicker) fluid in it. 75w-90 is what these take, not 75w-140.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Lol... I hate to look at this. My car does this, but it is not temperature dependent. I am just biding my time (and my pocket / marriage) until I want to spend a bit of money to fix this. I am guessing I will do this and the clutch at the same time (165,000 miles).