LegacyGT.com

Who owns a WK 2008-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.7L) and a Subaru?

I love our Subarus (Outback). They are for the most part trouble free and run great. But I admit I have been looking at the Jeep Grand Cherokee lately, for mainly two reasons: a little more space than our BL/BP model (3 kids), and 4x4 capabilities (e.g quadra drive II, better approach/departure angles).

I did drive a WK2 V6 back in 2014. I was surprised at how good it handled for the vehicle size and weight. But for now, eyeing at the WK gen (2008-2010) and why not with a 5.7L HEMI :spin:. I know gas mileage sucks, but I could always refine the tune a little, plus V8 sound man!

So, any feedback from any owner out there who also owns a subie? How do they compare in terms of handling? common issues? Things one must check before purchase? etc..

I DD’d a WK2 (2014) Summit 5.7L quadralift and 8spd auto for a from 2015-19. Loved it but dumped it with just 70k miles because all sorts of little things were always going wrong. It was a fantastic ride with really nice interior. Just not worth the bullshit reliability. Wheel bearings, cv, water pump, frozen air compressor for suspension, radiator, drive mode selector switch, alternator….all under 70k mi. Dumped for an f150 lariat. I miss the smoother ride and the awesome tuning of the ZF 8spd trans.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Nice feedback, although it is for a WK2 to be fair. That's actually why I am looking at a WK gen with hopefully less potential electronic issues and stuff. I've been checking the jeepgarage forum and began following their 'problem' sections. They definitely have issues too..

i just traded our 2013 cherokee srt8 in on a new tacoma. Jeep was great. Loved driving it, hated putting top dollar gas in it on a regular basis. As a tow vehicle it left alot to be desired. As an SUV for hauling ppl and dogs that my wife loved driving, pretty much perfect.

We drove it 1000 miles on a quick trip to Utah. It was super comfortable.

gas mpg was 16-18. Towing was 8-10.

After 3 months owning the Tacoma, I'm happy we traded it in. My wife misses it every day. Im no help. Sorry :)

Dang. SRT8 huh. Must have been fun to drive. I understand that model has less towing capacity than the limited version with the Hemi.

The smiles per mile quotient was very high. It was a very smooth ride. Exhaust note was optimal too. If towing capacity had been higher, we would have kept it.