LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy 2.5 2004 central locking won't unlock back doors

Hello,

does anyone had an issue when central locking system wouldn't unlock back doors ?

I have 2 keys.. when i use remote control, it unlocks both front doors and trunk but won't unlock back doors. Same if i use arm rest control for unlocking, it opens only front and trunk

Any ideas what could it be ?

Thanks for any response..

actuators are the culprits.

Well thank you for your help.. I'll check that out. I thought it's too much coincidence that both doors wont lock/unlock. You think that both would gone bad at the same time ?

I just bought that car recently.. and previous owner told me that back doors never worked. So i thought that it's just a fuse/relay or coding problem..

If it's both of them, I would check the wiring diagrams to see if there is a common connection/fuse that feeds both rears. It's possible that both actuators are out, but I would try to rule out common wiring first.

Thank you for advice.. I just couldn't find a useful wiring diagram for MK IV to check that out. All fuses checked and none of them bad. I guess I'll try to check hinges if wires are in good condition.

Try: https://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?18087-Subaru-Factory-Service-Manuals-(FSM)-Every-Model-USDM-EU

(Assuming you are USDM, for others, they are listed above as well, but the page numbers will likely be slightly different)

For the 2004 Legacy on page 5,746 it talks about how to test the rear door actuators.

If they fail that test, it's the actuators.

Page 5,720 has some wiring and troubleshooting info related to the keyless entry module.

Page 6,169 has the wiring diagram.

619955715_ScreenShot2021-10-03at6_33_46AM.thumb.png.7b771bead36197cb34a3da77ac80b720.png