LegacyGT.com

Wagon Meet-Up 2022

We can just do regional ones and open it it to travelers. might be easier?

Probably the better idea.

That's be more sane approach. It's more realistic to get something small(er) going, figure out the logistics and caveats, and build from there. Rather than try to get something big and have it flop - people will be reluctant to come again even if things get better.

Same as WBM started in its time. Started small, got big (too big for me at the end).

I concur. This is very wise.

Should the regions that are interested try and get together on the same day in there respective regions as more of a "Local Legacy Day" similar to how RX-7 owners have 7's Day on July 7th every year? Or should we just leave it to the regions to decide for themselves. I think I can answer that by saying the dates may not work for everyone all the time, but I'm curious as to what yall think.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I think if we break it down to regions, we might have to open it up to (gulp) a few sedans. But I agree that regions to start would make it easier and then we can jump to something more if we find it necessary. I definitely would like to eventually meet some of you from across the country

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

I think if we break it down to regions, we might have to open it up to (gulp) a few sedans. But I agree that regions to start would make it easier and then we can jump to something more if we find it necessary. I definitely would like to eventually meet some of you from across the country

This is another valid point about opening up to...to...to the saloon crowd.

And I would still be about it if others in my region were down. If not, there are plenty of Legacy wagons in the area.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Fwiw I can say of the various shows I've attended and traveled to throughout the US the hardest part of it all is renting of the property it would be held at. Unless somewhere owns a massive private area for potentially 50+ or 100+ vehicles.

For me I'll go anywhere for a good show. West Coast Subaru Show has continuously been the most camaraderie I see from Subaru enthusiasts.

Looking forward to the WagonFest event for the first time this year. Don't know which one I'll take however.

Anyways....Salt Lake or Denver would be great places, or somewhere in the PNW since wagon life in general seems to be very popular. Including foresters,outbacks, wrx wagons, and GC wagons.

Fwiw I can say of the various shows I've attended and traveled to throughout the US the hardest part of it all is renting of the property it would be held at. Unless somewhere owns a massive private area for potentially 50+ or 100+ vehicles.

For me I'll go anywhere for a good show. West Coast Subaru Show has continuously been the most camaraderie I see from Subaru enthusiasts.

Looking forward to the WagonFest event for the first time this year. Don't know which one I'll take however.

Anyways....Salt Lake or Denver would be great places, or somewhere in the PNW since wagon life in general seems to be very popular. Including foresters,outbacks, wrx wagons, and GC wagons.

I like the idea of more wagons, there are others worth looking at.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• 2 weeks later...

I can meet pretty much anywhere in IN, IL, MI, OH, KY. If we do allow saloons we should definitely separate them so they can be easily ostracized for their basic taste and lack of utility.:p

I'm also all for opening it up to all makes, not just Subies, as I'd like to bring these 2 along for the trip.

1.thumb.jpg.ac43d52aab0dd1ed82a317e386588a1a.jpg

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT

Be there, or be square!

Here it is, an invitation to all those who can make it out this year. I was aiming for a Gran Turismo-esque theme here.

Pre-Meet will be taking place at 9:00 Sunday, October 10, 2021 at Starbucks (address above). We will head out about 9:30 to DirtFish Rally School for Wagonfest. Time of arrival will be around 10:30 which will give 30mins to find parking before the event starts.

Please share this via Facebook, instagram, [insert social media here]. Not restricted to BPs, but you'll be outnumbered.

Looking forward to seeing old and meeting new!

941930424_BPPre-Meet(GranTurismoTheme).thumb.jpg.ad283914266a30a617f176901b81f65f.jpg

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 1 month later...

Any of you interested in attending Hot Import Nights in Portland this Saturday (Dec. 4) night from 5-11pm?

Here's all the info: https://hotimportnights.com/2021/11/december-4-2021-portland-expo-center-portland-or/

I'll be personally reaching out to a couple members that aren't on here much anymore to try and gather the masses. Pending responses I get here, I'll put something together for a plan to drive down for those in WA. Nathan, if work doesn't keep you, you should rally the troops in OR and meet us at the event.

Let me know what yall are thinking. Let's make it happen!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Wow, Hot Import Night's. They still have those. We did one in RI back in 2004 I think it was, with the Civic. I do recall sitting next to the car, when as a couple of guys walked away, one of them stopped turned around and said, "did you see the paint on that car".

Made me feel good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 6 months later...

Nick posted this up in the "What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10" section:

https://www.avants.com/events/2022/9-24/wagonfest-2022

Figured it should be shared here, so ppl can start getting ahead and prioritizing on their calendars/schedules. For those who are traveling, locals welcome too, I'm more than happy to organize/facilitate the acquisition of an AirBnB for the weekend (Friday 23rd through Sunday 25th). If we can get 6 cars (myself included) to RSVP between now and mid-Aug, we will make this happen. If there end up being more than that who RSVP, the search will be adjusted accordingly. As of now, I'll be searching for 6-12 guest houses.

As guys start cycling back through this thread, those that are interested, drop an RSVP here using this format:

Name(s):

Vehicle(s):

Email:

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 3:15 AM, megasquid said:

I’d be down to go to something like this. Super new to the scene but it sounds like a lot of fun. Tried to click the link to RSVP but it seems to be dead.

The link must have been trashed when the forums got moved over. Sorry that I am only just seeing this and responding. Unfortunately, we didn't get enough support to proceed with the AirBnB idea, so we'll probably just do another Pre-meet in Federal Way and head up to Snoqualmie together. I'll start drafting up a schedule, and banner within the next week or two and post it here.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, Pleides said:

I start a new job in September and will have Saturdays off. I may actually go to this thing! You for sure coming Andrew?

Congratulations! I am for sure going! I'll be ensuring that any unforeseen work-related issues do not affect me. I'm stoked! 

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here