LegacyGT.com

Constant Fine Knock Learn -1.40 out of boost

Today I was driving my 07 LGT 5MT home in heavy traffic and after awhile I noticed my AP a had constant Fine Knock Learn value of -1.40, but it would go to 0.00 if I started to get to 30-40% throttle or like 4-5psi. Anytime I was out of boost range the FKL would be -1.40. The DAM value is also at 1.00 The car has a noticeable decrease in performance as well. Yesterday I got fuel at a Shell gas station I don't normally go to but I always get premium. Should I reset the ECU? Any other suggestions?

Mods- Cobb AP3 with OTS stage 2 91oct

Invidia downpipe

JMP Custom VF46

SPT cold air intake

Grimmspeed TMIC

Cobb Recirc valve

Edited by Marty420

I reflashed the Cobb stage 2 91oct, and drove the car for 30 minutes. Fine Knock Learn didn't have any value at any point in the drive, stayed at 0.00. DAM started at 0.675 and went up to 1.00 in less than 5 minutes. The car also felt like it had all its power back.

I reflashed the Cobb stage 2 91oct, and drove the car for 30 minutes. Fine Knock Learn didn't have any value at any point in the drive, stayed at 0.00. DAM started at 0.675 and went up to 1.00 in less than 5 minutes. The car also felt like it had all its power back.

Pro tune to dial the car in and see what's really going on. It really makes a difference.

I recently had what I think was a bad tank of Shell 91. Within 50-km of highway driving my DAM had dropped from 1.0 to 0.0, FKL was in the low to mid teens and FKC was ranging into the low teens. I pulled 5 degrees of timing and diluted the fuel as soon as I could.

I didn't reset or reflash and drove conservatively to see how quickly things would go back to normal. It took two full tanks of PetroCanada 94 to get back to DAM of 1. FKL got to all zeros and the only FKC I saw was while letting out the clutch in 1st gear. I started adjusting the timing back to zero one degree at a time. When I got back to zero, FKL went up to -0.7 in some cells around 2300 rpm so I pulled 1 degree and so far FKL has stayed at 0 everywhere.

It can be helpful to watch what is happening instead of just doing a reset right away since atmospheric conditions, traffic etc. could be fine for a return to DAM of 1.0 very quickly but maybe not on average for your total driving in a given day/week/month and you could do damage while it is adjusting back down.