LegacyGT.com

Fine knock learn

bdcvg

So I,m driving the OBXT and all is fine , I briskly accel and at around 6 psi of boost the car bucks and the Cobb pulls 11-12 deg. of timing . From then on it just keeps pulling timing whenever I accel. Boost leak? or intake leak?

So fears confirmed BOV line not the problem. I had to check My banjo screens awhile back and removed the intake tube. I have had the issue since then. I took it all apart yesterday and checked everything but loose BOV line was My only possibility. I feel good about all the connections being tight and they are all zipped or clamped. The only one that seems loose is the funky diagnostic / PCV valve with the electrical plug on top of it. That hose slides in pretty easy but doesn't have a lip to ckamp or ziptie. What about a faulty BOV? Also I noticed no timing pulled below 5psi boost Edited by bdcvg

I don't know. I don't recall people reporting faulty BOV. I just checked my car yesterday for vac leak using that blowing method through BOV hose. Could not find any. I recently changed my inlet hose and a few other hoses including PCV. I think my issue yesterday was an ever so slightly loose connection between inlet hose and turbo. I tightened it yesterday. Will drive some today and carefully check AFR and AFR correction.

Did you replace your inlet hose?

Also, I agree that the PCV connection to the inlet hose appears loose, but don't recall having issue there.

I need to buy a fog machine.

Found it. Took a radiator pressure testing cap and clamped it to the BOV hose at IC. Used a bicycle pump to pressurize system. Sprayed the old "Dawn and water" mix everywhere and found bubbles at BOV hose and intake junction.

Found it. Took a radiator pressure testing cap and clamped it to the BOV hose at IC. Used a bicycle pump to pressurize system. Sprayed the old "Dawn and water" mix everywhere and found bubbles at BOV hose and intake junction.

Can you elaborate a bit more on your test? Pic of the set up?

Where did you exactly clamp your testing cap on the BOV? The small hose or larger BOV hose? And you must have blocked off the inlet hose too right?

Can you elaborate a bit more on your test? Pic of the set up?

Where did you exactly clamp your testing cap on the BOV? The small hose or larger BOV hose? And you must have blocked off the inlet hose too right?

My radiator pressure test kit just happened to have a cap that fit into the BOV hose. I put that in the BOV end. I removed the elbow from the airbox to the Perrin intake hose and crammed a bottle in it to make that airtight. I used a small hand pump designed to blow up pool toys to move air. The hose was long enough that I could move around and get a general location of hiss. Then I sprayed the soap water mix until I had bubbles.