LegacyGT.com

Question Regarding Center Grill Cover on Dash

Own 2016 Legacy Premium, what is the purposes of the center grill cover on the top of the dash? Looks like the speaker grill covers that are on the edges of the dash but this one is in the center. Pried it up, small cavity underneath. What factory option could be installed in this location?

Thanks in advance.

For MY 2015-2017 Legacys and Outbacks with the optional "upgraded" Harman-Kardon audio, there was a center-channel speaker mounted in that location. The H-K audio was not offered in base or Premium trims, only in Limited and Touring. Edited by ammcinnis
MY 2017, not 2071 :)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

For MY 2015-2071 Legacys and Outbacks with the optional "upgraded" Harman-Kardon audio, there was a center-channel speaker mounted in that location. The H-K audio was not offered in base or Premium trims, only in Limited and Touring.
This is correct I have HK system and there is a 4" speaker hiding in there.. Center Channel..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

For MY 2015-2071 Legacys and Outbacks with the optional "upgraded" Harman-Kardon audio, there was a center-channel speaker mounted in that location. The H-K audio was not offered in base or Premium trims, only in Limited and Touring.

I had to put a deposit down to get on the waiting list for the 2071 Legacy. I hear there may be some interesting features on that model.:icon_wink

I had to put a deposit down to get on the waiting list for the 2071 Legacy. I hear there may be some interesting features on that model.:icon_wink

The 2071 Legacy better have hover mode or something like that...

Mea culpa! By that time I hope the Forum will have added autocorrect features for dyslexics ... or for people who don't proofread their own posts. :)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png