LegacyGT.com

Subaru Impreza 09, Traction Control light on and airbag light on, C0042, C0057, C0071

I acquired a Subaru Impreza 09 a few months ago from my brother n law for free. though it needed new valves due to a timing belt failure and head gaskets.

About two months ago I fixed it up and the light has been on even before the timing belt failure, the Impreza drives perfectly other than Rpms around 740 though my O ring is destroyed on my MAF sensor.

I do have 3 other daily vehicles I use but as I have my 2 sisters soon learning to drive I rather have a perfect vehicle for them, now the codes I have are C0042, C0057, C0071. My first thought would be to check all the grounds and connectors, could someone please give me a diagram of all the grounds to the VDC system? I'm assuming the C0042 code is causing the other 2 codes as It's a power loss code.

Battery is only 2 months old and battery charging is around 14.2, Is there anyway to reset the traction control codes without a fancy scan tool? I was able to get these codes trough the vehicles diagnostics.

Edited by Jags