LegacyGT.com

Inside Soft-Touch Parts Falling Apart

Schaggy

Hi there,

I just picked up an '05 Legacy GT wagon and black plastic interior parts (door handle bezels, around the top-center dash pocket) are covered in some kind of soft-touch coating that hasn't aged well. This car has never been modified, so it must be factory, but it's falling apart. The slightest touch leaves gouges in it.

I'm wondering if there's a way to pull them and refinish, or a good source for replacement parts. I'm new to fixing up Subarus and the only good parts vendor I've found so far is subaruparts.com, who don't carry both door handle bezels.

What would y'all do? Pull 'em and fix 'em, or just buy new? If you'd fix 'em, how would you go about it, and if you'd buy new, then where would you go?

Thanks!

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-online-subaru-parts-vendors-list-42243p13.html

Post #189

No budget, brand spankin' new OEM: (highly Recommended)

subaruonlineparts.com or the stealership for new OEM parts.

Budget, clean, used OEM: (Recommended)

For used, I'd try local pick n' pull yards for interior pieces in marginally better condition than yours. All can be had for dumb cheap.

Cheapest option, most time-consuming, altered OEM: (not recommended)

If fixing yourself, apply a black plastic interior restoration product of your choice and follow instructions.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 1 month later...