LegacyGT.com

Stolen for the DC area (MoCo)

amusa

Stolen 8/4/2021 or 8/5/2021 between 9:30pm - 3:30am

From Georgia Ave and Norbeck Road area Outside of Olney and Rockville Area

2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Prem.

Color: Deep Indigo Pearl.

Maryland tags 8BL0789 no front tag is mounted.

No sunroof, It have the OEM option front fog lights. The vehicle have Yellow LED inside the fog lights, LED in the headlights, 35% tinted windows and there is damage on the rear quarter panel (driver side). There is a label sticker on the left side of the trunk at the bottom stating Sheehan Florida Gold Coast under the AWD badge and the rear license plate frame says Sheehan at the bottom and on the top it says Lighthouse Point - Pompano Beach.

It has a toddler car seat Chico NextFit mounted behind the driver seat and a Uppababy stroller in the trunk.

If you see it call the police. I already file the report and I'm still working with my car insurance.

IMG_1368.thumb.JPG.002bac45d121c08bac724adde2ba3e0b.JPG

1763406960_RearView.thumb.jpg.e01f2b5dd1249da6c3b83460d0a4d9bf.jpg

1338632683_SideView.thumb.jpg.6c500a8b8071a1e6238f2a03b4dd33d6.jpg

Edited by amusa

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the vehicle from the lot the other day and now it's at the Subaru dealership (mechanic, body and detailing). I notice the brakes were grinding and no pressure (brakes was replace). There going to inspect it.

They had a master key (It's not my key). I guess somehow some one had it programed for my immobilizer. My friend said for me to try it on another Subaru to see if it works or not (I have the key in my possession).

The detective is still investigating this part how they obtain a master key. Also they found a stash of drugs in the vehicle. So the detective did finger printing and what ever DNA they can find on the vehicle.

The good news is they busted the person inside some apartment that's like 25min drive from my neighborhood.

Trying to understand why the Subaru and not my Benz that was parked next to it.

Edited by amusa

They had a master key (It's not my key). I guess somehow some one had it programed for my immobilizer. My friend said for me to try it on another Subaru to see if it works or not (I have the key in my possession).

A master key? I did not know such a thing existed..

• 11 months later...

Forgot to update it.

I shipped the Subaru to my father in-law in Texas. I paid for everything at the end my father in-law got a free vehicle. I already bought a CPO 2018 Audi Q3 S-Line Premium quattro from a friend that is a manager at Audi. My wife kind of sad that the Subaru is in Texas but she is happy that it now in procession with her father. Every time she goes to Texas she get reunited with the Subaru, lol. 

• 9 months later...

I finally faced him in court yesterday (he was on the run after he set bail and he never appeared to his court hearing. Yesterday there were 4 other witness to testified and now I can put everything behind me and move on with my life.  He also was charged with illegal firearm, vehicle theft/stolen and drugs. There is another case for murder. That's what I heard from the detective that busted him but he could not share that info to us but instead to the state attorney (It's understandable).  I did not stay for the entire trial. Since I was there since 7am to 2:45pm (trial suppose to start at 8:30am but did not till at 1:30pm) and I had to pick up my son at 3pm. I was a tad late on picking up my son from Daycare.  The good news is I was the first witness and they did me State Attorney and detective a favor so I can get out in time to pick up my son. The Judge excuse me from the court after I testified.      

Edited by amusa
  • Like 2