LegacyGT.com

Suspension noise problem

So I replace the following on my 2010 Legacy 2.5

1.Lower control arms straight from Subaru, it comes with lower ball joints

2.Away bar links

3. Sway bar rubber bushings

4. Front and rear struts (KYB)

5. Strut mounts

Before the install my car was ride terrible but the biggest issue i was having was a rattling metallic noise every time I went over rough terrain, you could really hear it, very annoying, reason why I decided to replace all parts i mentioned above.

Now, the car rides better definitely, however, i can still hear that noise, not as loud as before but i know is there. What can possibly be the issue here? Can it be motor mounts or what. The router tide rods were replaced about a year ago i doubt is that. I really need help finding this problem i can't sleep. When I press on the gas pedal you can also hear a metallic rattling noise, I'm not sure if they are related . Any help will be greatly appreciated guys i know there is a lot of knowledge here. Thanks a lot for reading.

Gman

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

I had a rattling issue that I thought was suspension for a while. Turns out it was the rubber sleeves on the brake caliper slide pins. The calipers were essentially rattling around on the pins. I'd make sure those are still providing some cushion.

When I press on the gas pedal you can also hear a metallic rattling noise, I'm not sure if they are related.

Exhaust heat shields. If your Subaru doesn't eventually get this problem, then it's not a Subaru.

To fix mine I bought a custom length hose clamp kit off amazon that comes with enough pieces to make 10 custom length clamps. I went crazy and clamped the **** out of the shields. I think I put 8 or 9 of them on.

Edited by Plastixx

Exhaust heat shields. If your Subaru doesn't eventually get this problem, then it's not a Subaru.

To fix mine I bought a custom length hose clamp kit off amazon that comes with enough pieces to make 10 custom length clamps. I went crazy and clamped the **** out of the shields. I think I put 8 or 9 of them on.

Do you have a link to that custom hose

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

The listing for the kit I bought is gone, but there are countless others to choose from. Like this one...

https://www.amazon.com/LINGSFIRE-Stainless-Fasteners-Adjustable-Automotive/dp/B096ZT9DWK/

That kit has 8mm wide strap like the one I bought. Most listings are for 12mm/0.5" wide strap, which I had bought at first but then returned. I found 12mm a bit too wide and stiff to work with for this purpose.