LegacyGT.com

What happened SoCal???

m sprank

Reviving a dead regional forum even though i am no longer in the region.

Jays (Morning Woodie Wagon) wagon is for sale again.

Max (Los Angeles LGT) sedan has been under a tarp in the driveway for years.

My own Spec-B ended up in a thousand parts spread out across the country.

The list goes on.

We had a healthy LGT crew at one time. Getting nostalgic for the "good ole days" when we had meets with 30-50 LGT's. Long caravan drives led by Dale. Saturdays at AAA Speedway. The Toys for Tots drives. Good times.

Many of us moved out of the area, went to school, sold our rides, or had other commitments that took precedence.

This is still one of the best resources in the planet for all things 4th Gen, and even the earlier, and subsequent models.

The SoCal crew is still active, just not posting as much or as often. And my wagon is still not finished, though it's sitting full of oil on the engine stand ready to go back in.

Once the 2016 STI steering rack and Brake Booster/MC goes in, the engine will be reinstalled and everything checked for light off.

Can't wait to hear those IP&T Stromung pipes again, this time through the KB HH.

Then it's time to start schooling the local crew on old school fun runs, meets, rollins, Spring and Fall TOTD runs, HSDS events at Road Atlanta and Charlotte MS, etc.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Life is like a good track, it takes left and right turns. Every now and then you look back and wish some of it was more of a drag strip.

Good to "see" you back in action Dale. I would offer to lend a hand with the wagon, but I am probably 6 hours away :(

I re-joined too late for the (or too parent) for the meet ups, I'm still hanging around, although I am converting my OBXT back to stock to sell, and fixing some niggling things. Drivers window switch decided to pick "get ready to sell" as the time to fail.

I'm on a VW Alltrack forum for my DD, but like this one better.

Spoke to Max (LosAngelesLGT) the other day. He is selling the LGT (Spiderpig). Sounds like he is willing to part it out, but would prefer someone take it as is.

Once again, family takes precedence.

Life is like a good track, it takes left and right turns. Every now and then you look back and wish some of it was more of a drag strip.

Absolutely agree.

Good to "see" you back in action Dale. I would offer to lend a hand with the wagon, but I am probably 6 hours away :(

Mike, that would be awesome. Plenty of room to bunk and I'd pay for your trip. If you get a break in your action, LMK.

any idea what he's asking? i no longer fb

That I did not ask. Was more focused on his daughters upcoming B-day, family chat, etc. I have not seen him since Dec 2019.

Dale, I might just hit you up. I have PTO built up that I probably wont use and will lose if I don't.

Max's med bills are piling up, both for major surgery that he has had and for his daughter's continuing care. And he's out of work.

I'm going to reopen his site account so that he can post up his LGT for sale, and going to help him out to gather the FS post info as his arm isn't up to the task of writing it all up, and I gather no strength to part it out.

I asked him to get some good quality pics together in order to highlight what he has to offer.

Beyond that, I'd like the site to setup/do a GoFundMe type page to get some critically needed funds heading his way. Anyone here have any experience with this, give me a call to discuss, or post up here. My number hasn't changed it's 619-948-5365.

Will be working with the mod team as well to see what else can be done.

It occurred to me that the SoCal crew could coordinate getting his car detailed, running, and then auctioning it off with all of the proceeds going to help fund the medical bills, instead of just selling it on the site.

Stream of consciousness, but pop-in any ideas you might have.

Thanks all

And Mike, having you down would be awesome.

Give me a call to discuss.

Don't think I mentioned that I'm in San Diego for my former pastor's memorial service and to console the family. Two trips here in the last 2 weeks. Don't know how I did this every week for 2 years before the client wanted me in Charleston permanently.

On Instagram I have seen some clean (yet simple) Civic and Integra builds being raffled off. like $5 or $25 gets an entry, and the winner gets the car. I assume these guys are making 2-3x what the car is truly worth, or the idea wouldn't make sense. No idea the legal implications or how to do it "legit", but I just wanted to throw that out there. The challenge is getting enough eye balls on the post.

• 1 year later...

Its been another year...

Mark offered to give away a bunch of good afternarket parts in the nor cal thread and got zero response. 

Come on Cali.  In 2010 we could get 50 LGTs to show up for street legal day at AAA or Roscoe's for wings.