LegacyGT.com

AT OIL TEMP light blinking 4 times

Hey guys. Yesterday I was replacing a leaky exhaust gasket. I secured the front wheels and lifted the rear of the vehicle and the rear wheels were off the ground. After replacing the gasket, I lowered the vehicle down a little bit but the wheels were still not touching the ground. I started the engine because I wanted to hear the difference and check for other leaks. When I walked out, I noticed the left rear wheel was spinning. I did a double take and verified my transmission was in park. I turned off the vehicle, lowered it to the ground and turned it back on. I believe the reason the rear wheel were spinning while the engine was on was because the parking paw only works on the front wheels and maybe the cold fluid in the trans made the rear wheels turn in park.

Now today, I took it out for a short drive and immediately noticed the AT OIL TEMP light blinking 4 times per second. I don't think the transmission is overheating because I hardly drove it. This has to be some sort of other error message. I checked the trans. temp using RomRaider and it was around 134F-138F. I checked for error codes and found none. I then tried to clear error memory and unplugged the battery for one hour and AT OIL TEMP light did not go away.

I looked up somewhere and found that AT OIL TEMP blinking 4 times per second, then the problem is most likely a power supply or ground problem. Not sure if this is correct.

Do you guys have any suggestions about what this could be? Did I unintentionally break something? I think I am safe driving it to the dealership as long as it is not overheating, shifting perfectly fine and smooth, and the front & rear speed sensors work. I think the TCU maybe is confused and there is some permanent error code.

Edited by ssulb