LegacyGT.com

Any first gen guys left?

Not sure this is what you meant by 'topics' but if you scroll down in the " Model Specific Forums" you'll see an option to choose how old of posts/topics to show. Default is 2 weeks (?) but can got back a year or more.

And 1st Gens were the best built Subies, IMHO.

Oh sweet! Didn't see that. Yeah, looked inactive at 2 months. Even a year seems kinda that way, but cool that it had at least some history

Yep. Owned a lot of Subarus over the years and this Legacy is still my favorite

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi! new here actually, just got a 93 ej22t wagon. Have two 3rd gen limited sedans and a 2nd gen wagon also.

Looking for a spoiler/duckbill for my 93! Thinking about doing something custom possibly. But trying to get ideas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey, I acquired my granny's 1990 wagon last year. Low KM... other than dreaded fender rust everything is excellently maintained.

I'd love to pick your brain about a bunch of tiny topics if you're down...

Not sure who you are asking but I’m always down to share knowledge that keeps old cars alive.

Gary

Not sure who you are asking but I’m always down to share knowledge that keeps old cars alive.

Gary

Hey Gary!

I was talking to the OP, but anyone who knows what to do with these cars will do!

Mostly right now I'm interested in hardening and modifying my legacy for travel and offroad usage.

I want to install roof rails, I want to fix the rusted fenders (I found one new fender at a dealership in the states south of me, I'm in Canada and am waiting for the border to open so I can drive down and grab it because the shipping is ridiculously expensive, but I still need to deal with the other side... so I might just end up cutting everything off and installing something custom) I want to redo the speakers/stereo, I want to know how to evaluate the integrity of the engine/drive system which I believe is in great shape, eventually I'd like to potentially install a Turbo but that's not that important, I'd also like to install a mild lift, probably just using later gen legacy or forester suspension so I can use some beefier tires, which from what I've read also involves extending some parts (control arm connections, potentially the sway bar, maybe a different ratio on the differentials)

Anyway, I'm not very knowledgeable or experienced with any of this but I mostly want to collect intel and experience from people who have already done some of the things I want to.

Thanks!

Chris

I'm not gonna be your guy for offroad mods (never done any to a Subaru).

On the engine, start with basic service/maintenance. If you don't know when the timing belt was last changed you might want to do that. And don't skimp, on the quality of the kit, the cheap ones have garbage idler pulleys that will fail in short order. And do the water pump while you are there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes hello! A New Subaru legacy owner from Sweden i have a 1992 Subaru legacy. I bought it for like 500$ i had it for some Months now. Engine and gearbox Works pretty fine. But its hard to select gears. The lowgear doesn´t work. I wonder what thats depend on. I checked the gearbox oil level and its low level on the oil stick. Maybe its depending on that? Any other advices? Thanks.

• 1 month later...