LegacyGT.com

Waiting to get my car in the shop for the lovely P0011 code/rough idle & trying to figure out the best way to approach everything. Started a post in the turbo forums with the link below if anyone has any info or ideas. Much Love & Thanks

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Flegacygt%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D286222&share_tid=286222&share_fid=5383&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you flush the engine and the oil cooler there is no way to tell how long it will run and when it may die. Best game plan if you want to keep the car is a new short block and have your heads cleaned up. The bolts caught the junk but you need to find out where the junk is coming from. Did your turbo have a lot of shaft play? Oil pan have lots of debris?

while i dont have any engine trouble I am well into the 200k miles club and i too think about should I rebuild or not when the time comes

If you flush the engine and the oil cooler there is no way to tell how long it will run and when it may die. Best game plan if you want to keep the car is a new short block and have your heads cleaned up. The bolts caught the junk but you need to find out where the junk is coming from. Did your turbo have a lot of shaft play? Oil pan have lots of debris?

while i dont have any engine trouble I am well into the 200k miles club and i too think about should I rebuild or not when the time comes

That's what I'm fearing.

Haven't gotten it to my mechanic yet, hopefully in the next few days.

Planning on pulling/checking the

-2 banjo bolt screens

-turbo

-oil pan

Also replacing the intake gaskets and searching for a light oil & exhaust leak

• 2 weeks later...

So thankfully upon pulling the oil pan it was clean of metal shavings and the engine looks good!

The turbo on the other had has play in both blades and will need to be replaced.

Has anyone tried the Turbos from Rock Auto?

Looking at the Ultra-Power or Rotomaster but haven't found any reviews on either yet. Wish I could upgrade but just trying to get back on the road at this pace.

I had Mahle turbos recommended to me by a local Subaru master tech, the ones available on RockAuto. So far, I have 2 customers running them without issue, older one for about a year. Seems like a reasonable cheaper alternative to OEM. Their VF52 is like 600 bucks and the quality looks top notch.

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like prices have gone up. Still, 700-800 bucks.

If you need a working, used VF46 to replace the stock turbo on your car, I have one around somewhere.

Edited by awfulwaffle

I had Mahle turbos recommended to me by a local Subaru master tech, the ones available on RockAuto. So far, I have 2 customers running them without issue, older one for about a year. Seems like a reasonable cheaper alternative to OEM. Their VF52 is like 600 bucks and the quality looks top notch.

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like prices have gone up. Still, 700-800 bucks.

If you need a working, used VF46 to replace the stock turbo on your car, I have one around somewhere.

Thank you for the feedback awfulwaffle! This car has been adding up repair bills quickly. I would greatly appreciate a proper used turbo over buying new. I'll dm you shortly