LegacyGT.com

Stock 09 GT Use a Restrictor Pill?

I bought a stock 09 GT Limited a few months ago in need of some TLC. I am repairing vacuum lines, and the one that goes from the "T" to the Turbo to the wastegate actuator was broken. I ordered a stock 22326AA260 with restrictor pill in it. But after researching when I was trying to figure out correct way to install, I see a bunch of stuff about sizes, yes/no, etc., but have not found anything for the Legacy GTs. The line that goes from the "T" to the turbo where the pill usually is was broken, so therefore I do not know if originally it used one or not. I assume that these would be similar to the 07-08 Forester XT, but not sure. Haven't put intercooler and all back on yet, and honestly I have only driven it down the street a few times, so I probably wouldn't realize by driving it if I was getting full boost or not. Had to straighten out alot of basic maintenance that was ignored (plugs, MAF, Valve cover gaskets, oil cooler gasket, rusted out brake lines, broken/unplugged vacuum lines, etc.) Trying to check first before putting intercooler back on. Thanks!

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

In the back of the service manual there is a page showing the vacuum hose routing. There may also be a sticky with a link at the top of one of the forms.

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry it took so long to find your post.

Most members just ask questions in the 4th Gen forum for these cars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes the sticky is up top in this forum.

I seem to recall the boost pill goes on the right side of the T looking at the turbo from the front of the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Thanks! Service Manual is nice to have. I finally figured out the pill does go towards the right of the "T". I guess the old hose it came out where the crack was. After a test run, does seem to feel more "Boostier". Now, just have to replace another new master cylinder (front calipers will hold slight pressure) and hope that fixes problem. If not, then ABS Control unit. After that then I can see what it can do (and find/fix more gremlins).

Thanks!

And If I need anything else, I'll post in the General section. Guess people don't use forums much anymore...

Yeah seems lots of the newer members don't understand about these sub forums.

FWIW, I have been through 5 right front calipers on my GT wagon. Seems the reman company had a issue with a jig.

NAPA covered all the replacements for free. Even well past the warranty period. You may find the post about it in the Brake forum.

Be sure and read the sticky's up top on the forums or at least be aware of them. Some have great info.