LegacyGT.com

Lowered alignment

My obxt is lowered on lgt struts with lgt rear upper control arms and whiteline camber bushings and lgt bump stops. I’ve never had a lowered car professionally aligned. Do I need to tell them anything specific besides what’s been done to it? Two shops were quick to tell me they might turn me away and that they only can align to factory specs.

rear toe should be 0 with 0.0000000 thrust angle -most important.

front and rear camber should be max negative but is one side is more than the other, back that side off till both side are exactly even.

front toe should be 0, with both side exactly the same.

the name of the game with alignments is balance, not hitting any particular camber number.

Note: there is no rear camber adjustment with factory parts. Given there is some camber gain (more negative) with compression, I would suspect that lowering will result in more negative camber. Will it be outside factory specs? Depends on how much you lower it.

My car naturally hit 1.1 degrees of negative camber up front when lowered with no mods that allow for front camber adjustment. My rear control arms are a Whiteline set that gives a huge range in adjustability and I have them at around -1.5 degrees at the rear.

Well the cars been done for a while now. I need to have it re-aligned when I find the parts to remove the subframe spacers that I’m hoping boxkita is still selling me and the shop said they’d throw me a discount when that happens which is nice.

Camber lf. Camber rf

-0.1. 0.1

Caster. Caster

5.4. 4.8

Toe. Toe

0.03. 0.03

Camber rl. Camber rr

-0.3. -0.6

Toe. Toe

.49. .16

Also going to go to bilsteins and throw some more poly and adjustable parts at it

-.1 on left +.1 on right. They said they ran out of adjustment. I have mixed feelings about these numbers and the adjustments they made but alignment is something I have little experience with outside of a tape measure and an angle finder for roughing out