LegacyGT.com

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I was just trying to get some new calipers/rotors and such for my 97 legacy wagon and Im scrolling thru rockAuto and they've got a bundle deal with calipers rotor and pads. The only thing is the calipers say postal. Does anyone know if postal calipers are interchangeable with front legacy calipers? It also comes with Brighton; L model rotors. Any help is appreciated thanks!

I don't know if the postal would change anything but I also don't know what level trim it's equal with (Brighton I would guess.) The brakes sometimes change within the same year and also in some cases build month. Check the build date of your car in the drivers door sill to make sure you are buying the right ones. They all bolt up the same, so as long as the ones you are buying are for 95-99 legacy/outbacks they will bolt to the hubs, the only real issue is rim clearance. I am running 99 GT front brakes on my 96 Brighton without issue and whilst using 16 in Subaru wheels.

As long as you are replacing all of the components (pads, calipers and rotors) you can use any 2nd gen parts, if you want to only do pads and/or rotors then you have to match it as close as possible to build date.

Thanks for the help, Is there any benefit using second gen? im planning on getting 16" wheels when I can find a decent cheap used set and lift with OB struts but until then I was just planning on replacing the calipers/pads and rotors with single piston so I don't have to worry about clearance space with the smaller 14" bicycle tires i've currently got.

By second gen I meant the 95-99 cars which yours falls under. If you are already committed to doing calipers as well as rotors and pads I would say upgrade to the GT stuff. It'll be dual piston calipers and a little larger rotor which is worth the money imo. However if you are still running 14s for now, I would just do pad and rotors and call it a day. Unless the calipers are in horrific condition I wouldn't just arbitrarily replace them.

Sadly I got a caliper sticking on the driver side so bad where if its cold I gota have a quarter turn to the right to not go left lol. back right one gets hot too so I though I might as well replace all four. dont have the funds to do new tires yet, trying to get some second hand rims off Craigs. thank for the help though!