LegacyGT.com

Calipers for 08 Legacy 2.5i Limited?

I am now looking for replacement front calipers for our 2008 Legacy 2.5i Limited. Our daughter mostly drives this car at college. My son and I replaced the pads ~2 months ago with OEM but the front pads are wearing way different and we recall one side the slide pins were really stuck and hard to free up but they did loosen up so we put them back in place. I just want to replace the calipers and pads now to make it right. Looks like lots of choices on amazon but they are not looking the same as the stock calipers.

Can't help you on the specifics for the 2.5i, but from a problem solving perspective, are you in a position to head on down to the local napa/advance auto/autozone and buy the calipers that way? That way you can put your hands on the part and actually see what differences are inside the box rather than potentially inaccurate product photos on Amazon.

If you can't go anywhere local, try rockauto.com to compare to your amazon findings.

So I originally saw items like this that seemed too good to be true...

https://www.amazon.com/AutoShack-BC30008PR-Passenger-Replacement-Crosstrek/dp/B08DWJSSN1/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MTHVDDJTGDZT8C93TVKR

I am now leaning towards just taking a few tools to the local u-pull-it to get two front calipers.

Edited by 59ctd

Probably just swollen rubber boots from improper grease if the lower guide pins were stuck. Green permatex, purple permatex, and some other brake lubricants will do that to the rubber guide pin boots. Of course, they don't tell you it's only for metal to metal contact, and not rubber safe unless you read the TDS online, or read all the horrible amazon reviews.

You could probably just buy new boots and be fine. I tried out various boots in the thread below with my old calipers, before replacing them since they were so rotted.. I'll only use something like napa sil-glyde on my guide pins now. I used green permatex that seized them up badly before.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/caliper-piston-corrosion-and-guide-pin-bushings-269717.html

So I originally saw items like this that seemed too good to be true...

https://www.amazon.com/AutoShack-BC30008PR-Passenger-Replacement-Crosstrek/dp/B08DWJSSN1/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MTHVDDJTGDZT8C93TVKR

I am now leaning towards just taking a few tools to the local u-pull-it to get two front calipers.

I got OEM calipers rust free, black painted calipers boxed and ready to ship. Prob way better than what you can find in a Mn junk yard. These are off a Calif car.