LegacyGT.com

Reset driver's window?

Likely there's a thread for this but I didn't find it. My automatic driver side window developed a habit of going all the way down, stopping, and then clicking inside the door like it's still trying to go lower. Sometimes the window won't go back up unless you push the switch several times. FWIW, the switch has been replaced. I'm wondering if there's a sensor or stop in the circuit that tells the motor when the window's down? Also, maybe the motor is out of synch with the lift mechanism and "thinks" it has to run longer to fully lower the window? I've seen references to later models where the mechanism has to be "taught" to know the travel range, but that doesn't seem to work with this one. No doubt it's a bonehead question with a "DOH!" answer, but I'll take the hit gladly if someone can help :)

• 4 weeks later...
To give this topic a bump, does anyone have an FSM to check on window hardware adjustment/replacement/troubleshooting to see if there's anything relating to this? Evidently it's not as common as I expected ...

I have a similar issue with mine. Have to use the auto function for it to go down little by little and have to press the switch over and over again for it to go up. I did find a FSM on how to remove the window motor and the regulator adjustment.

But I am thinking my motor overheats or overloads and that's why it stops. I did find that the front and rear window motors are the same for LF and LR, and RF and RR. So instead of paying $100+ I am going to pull a rear one from the junkyard since the rears are used less often than the front.