LegacyGT.com

Front brake upgrade, 2013 legacy 2.5i Touring

Greetings,

I have a pair of Powerstop S3698 4 piston brake calipers. These fit a 2014-2017 WRX STI, as well as the 2015 WRX.

I would like to install these on my legacy, but I am unsure of what else I would need in order to do so.

Could anyone here assist by letting me know what other components I would require to complete this swap?

Those are the STI Brembo-style calipers right?

They will bolt right on to your existing bracket. Use the bolts that came with the PS calipers, the original caliper bolts dont fit STI Brembos so I assume the same for the PS calipers.

You will need 04 STI front rotors with the 5x100 hole pattern, or 05-17 STI front rotors that are dual drilled for 5x100/114.

You will to modify or remove the rotor backing plate as the edges will hit the bigger rotors. I just bent the edges back on mine.

Stock brake lines will bolt on to STI Brembos and I assume the same for these.

So basically all you need are caliper mounting bolts and pads/rotors, and get some new seals for the brake line bajo bolts while you are at it.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Also make sure to get the torque specs RIGHT. Calipers are aluminum and you need to be careful with torque. Also like Scubaboo said, use the bolts that came with the PS calipers bolts as they have different threads.

I torqued mine down to 60 ft-lbs with Copper Anti-Seize grease.

Edited by ssulb