LegacyGT.com

I always hit the wrong center storage console button, any tips?

johncpatterson

Hello, I just leased a new 2021 Subaru Legacy, and I have found that the center storage console (where your right elbow rests) has two buttons, one for the smaller, upper portion of the center console, and one for the lower, bigger portion. I always find myself hitting the button that opens the smaller, upper portion since that button is closer and (seems) bigger, when I really just want to open the lower, bigger potion. I know this is a “first world problem,” but I was just curious if anyone had any tips. Frankly, I don’t ever see myself needing the smaller, upper portion for anything, and I only ever want access to the larger, bottom portion. Thanks for the help!

- John

When this happens I would suggest closing the incorrect compartment, pressing the other button, and opening the desired compartment. If that doesn’t work your should light the car on fire or just pay better attention next time.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Lol, I suppose I set myself up for these types of lighthearted posts, especially on April Fools day :) More seriously though, has anyone found a way to "tie" or "connect" the buttons together, or something along those lines, so the smaller, upper portion never opens? Is there a "special latch" I'm missing or something like that?