LegacyGT.com

2016 BlueTooth Audio Quality

nbarns22

Hey y'all. 2.5i with no Harman here. Looking for some direction or maybe even commiseration on an audio problem I've noticed recently when changing over from a mix of solely Aux/Sirius FM playtime to almost exclusively BlueTooth(BT)

Never noticed any audio issues while doing the former two. Practically loved how it sounded but I would have loved even more with better/larger speakers. I changed over to use BT around mid 2020. I've noticed since, and recently even more, that the highs (snares & cymbals) are absolute garbage. This seems to only be when using BT. I noticed it and swapped back to Sirius and found no issues with sound quality.

- Has anyone else had this issue? I've caught wind of some issues/gripes with the head units in this model. The audio is completely unacceptable when its BT. All highs sound like it's coming through a kazoo.

- I am also in the market to upgrade my speakers and add an amp or two for subs/tweeter/door speakers. I don't want to lose the extra features offered by the screen (tire pressure, etc...) but I will gladly lose those if I can fix this audio issue

• 4 weeks later...

Each input source on the 2016 has a different EQ setting. Your main settings don't carry over.

The non-harman sound is shit.

The 2020 legacy has a newer Bluetooth codec, likely v5.0, for clearer audio.

• 5 months later...

In this same village, another little dog, who was not quite as happy as the first one, decided to visit the house. He slowly climbed the stairs and hung his head low as he looked into the door. When he saw the 1000 unfriendly looking dogs staring back at him, he growled at them and was horrified to see 1000 little dogs growling back at him. As he left, he thought to himself, "That is a horrible place, and I will never go back there again."

virtual phone system service

• 3 months later...