LegacyGT.com

Ok so since my ‘06 DIAF, I’ve owned a Chrysler 200, an OB a Grand Am, a TT Flex and an NA Flex.

Comparison time.

200: less traction. No AWD. V6.. ecu strangles power at higher speeds. Handles like a firm boat. OK, but not great. Problems: passenger side HVAC had mind of its own. Overheated once due to wonky thermostat.

‘97 OB: tank. Slow, but not painfully slow. Rusty... like... rear suspension fell off while on a lift. 10/10 would buy another one, sans rust.

‘04 grand am 3.4l v6: Peppy. Durable until the front k-member disintegrated from rust. Off-idle torque enviable. Handling... boaty but entertaining. Brakes would rust solid if left parked longer than a week. AC and heat always worked EXTREMELY well.

Might find another as a beater... sans rust.

‘14 TT Flex: fast. Like... scary fast for something that heavy and brick-shaped. Handled amazingly well for something that big. Like.. would SERIOUSLY boogie when needed. Wife totaled it 3 weeks after purchase. Very sad. Want another. Problems: didn’t own it long enough to have any. The radar cruise was dumb in the snow.

‘14 NA Flex: replaced the TT. Handles same as TT, just slower. Engine doesn’t sound happy about being flogged, but pulls pretty well above 5000 rpm. Quiet, comfortable... passenger side HVAC has a mind of its own. Blend air door actuator location engineered by satan. You can see the rear screw, you just can’t get to it without improvising or buying a t-handle ratchet from harbor freight...

When it dies, I’m looking at getting another TT Flex. That ecoboost v6 is ridiculous.

Compared to my ‘05 LGT...

Power: YES. Handling: YES. Quiet: YES. Comfort: YES.

Problems: YES. [emoji51][emoji1787] HOWEVER! The HVAC in every Subaru I’ve owned has worked flawlessly. This is my second 4th gen LGT, and I’m likely to have at least one or two more. They’re just that good.

The newer Legacy models got fat and bloated. I’m sure they’re great cars, but they’re no 4th gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levorg will come to the USA in 2040?

Drove a twin turbo mercedes small suv today. Nice exhaust note, good acceleration, decent braking, nice interior, sound system was better than any other car Ive had. I was tempted to look for an employee discount...then I drove over new york style pavement. Sigh...why can't luxury suv be luxury in all conditions not just smooth roads? I have had a better experience in a desertized H2.

the wrx continues to impress. Had a nice romp through traffic on the way home. It still handles like a pig but it doesn't beat me up. High speed corners still require a project plan, no autox here.