LegacyGT.com

PLEASE HELP! No crank, no start, no dash lights

Hello, I own a 1996 legacy brighton wagon, my key broke off in my ignition this morning so i took apart my ignition system to “hotwire” my car. I’ve been using the ignition switch and a screwdriver to start it and it’s done it twice with no problem but when i went to try it again it seemed as there was nothing happening. No lights come up on my dash (minus open door if it is open) in acc or run and nothing that should be on is on. I removed the steering lock also and have it dangling around. i checked fuse #16 under the dash which i believe was the ignition fuse but it was fine. Any help would be appreciated as this is my first time reaching out for help on a forum and i’m unsure of how it works but i assume it will be a handy tool to use. The battery is strong, i can turn my position lights on while the car is off and they’re strong as well. Thanks, any help would make my day

Just so other people in the future might be able to see this verses the answer I PM'd. Try to source a used lock cylinder and key from a junkyard or something, they are easily removable from the steering column. If the car has an OEM security system, wouldn't hurt to reset the car by leaving the battery disconnected for 15+ mins