LegacyGT.com

Leather seats?

My driver's seat has what appears to be a tear in the leather bolster on the left side. The side one slides over to get in and out of the car. I get with the local vinyl repair guy, he looks at it and tells me it's not leather but vinyl that's cracked and torn open. I was extremely disappointed to learn the only leather on the seats is the center section panels, not the bolsters. C'mon, Subaru!

I'll have to live with it or replace the trim on that seat cushion.

My driver's seat has what appears to be a tear in the leather bolster on the left side. The side one slides over to get in and out of the car. I get with the local vinyl repair guy, he looks at it and tells me it's not leather but vinyl that's cracked and torn open. I was extremely disappointed to learn the only leather on the seats is the center section panels, not the bolsters. C'mon, Subaru!

I'll have to live with it or replace the trim on that seat cushion.

Well mine split on the bottom edge from getting in n out as well.. Yeah the New Editions actually have All Leather Definitely Disappointment on the earlier models..[emoji17][emoji17][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Mine also split at around 70,000 miles. I picked up a new seat cover from the dealership (around 2016-2017ish) at $180 and swapped it out. Around the end of 2019 it cracked again. Both times it happened during the winter and with the second seat I used a vinyl conditioner. It’s really the only issue I’ve had with the car other than the gas door being a PITA every once and a while, oh and the oil consumption issue that Subaru says is a nonissue.

If I keep the car and or it lasts another couple years I’ll spend the money on Katzkin seats.

Edited by Skwerl