LegacyGT.com

Meme's '09 Outback to Legacy wagon!

Well that’s just wonderful. I’m glad to see that you saw it through!

oh trust me, there's still much more to do. wrap, wheel resurfacing, suspension drop, transmission swap... she'll never be done lol

DGM ftw. Damn fine outcome. Wheels a great candidate for a refresh and leave forever.

If I wrap the car white, I was kind of thinking about powder coating them matte black. I'm torn though since they're so rare. I have a huge thing for black on white cars with no silver or chrome in sight.

I would just upsize the tires and keep the ride height.

that's what my partner wants me to do, keeps talking about the utility of the ride height. idk, i don't want it crazy low or anything but i want it at least on the stock Legacy suspension. right now it looks like it's on stilts and I'm never going to use it for anything remotely utilitarian anyway

Edited by Memeticism

Do you still have all the Outback Subframe spacers installed and such? I think some factory legacy Bilstein setups will be exactly what you want.

Yeah, suspension drop was supposed to happen a while ago but the body got priority. I really want to do the JDM Bilsteins with the pink springs but given that dropping the subframe means changing out the driveshaft and I wanted to install the 6 speed, I'm probably going to wait until I can do both at the same time. Currently I'm just kind of collecting parts that need to be replaced because it seems like Subaru is starting to discontinue parts en masse. I had bought the front two door cards from the Spec.B from the dealership, and when I went in the other day to get the rears they had been discontinued :(

• 1 month later...

Replaced the dash with a buddy last night.

PXL_20220530_034848306-min.thumb.jpg.1ebfc3eef50e16cd8b563c8919016183.jpg

Old one was scratched to hell because previous owner had dogs or something. It's been nice going through and double checking everything I'll need to replace from here on out, I'm gonna go to Subaru at some point soon and just do a massive closeout on every single clip, trim piece, etc I could possibly need.

PXL_20220530_034853139-min.thumb.jpg.cc91b158aecaef28d739cc57598cae6c.jpg

Do you mind sharing how much the paint job cost you? I live a couple of hours from you and one of my OBXTs definitely needs a paint job..

i'm embarrassed to say that it was very very close to 5 figures. but that's because I didn't just do the paint job, it was also the labor for welding those holes closed and literally replacing the entire roof lol. if i had to guess, it would have been significantly less without that since nobody else wanted to do the work at all.

I see. Car does looks good though.

thank you, i appreciate it. deciding to do the bodywork it needed was the make or break point for me, prior to that i wasn't too far in over my head to just give up but now it's with me for life financially as well as emotionally lol. fingers crossed anyway.

• 1 year later...

Figured I'd just give a quick update. Is it possible to necro your own thread?

I still have her. Like I said, she's with me for good, come Hell or high water. Life happened, partner became husband became rapid divorce, the works. Wheels got powder coated bronze because Subie but otherwise she took the backburner for a while as you can imagine. Ex actually sideswiped it pulling into the driveway one night so I've gotta take it back to the shop and have that touched up 🥴 Hopefully I did the image posting right, I haven't used the new UI and I'm a luddite lol

Things have settled down now, Tesla got wrecked again and I just cashed out the insurance because clearly it's not meant to be. I picked up a Forte GT as a commuter in the meantime and everything else has been going to savings to get that sweet, sweet JDM 6 speed swap. Just wanted to establish that she's not abandoned, just awaiting.

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 2