LegacyGT.com

Reset TPMS - NO TOOLS

Does anyone remember the procedure to reset the TPMS without tools?

I vaguely remember setting each wheel to a different pressure, driving over 25 mph, then setting the correct pressure in all 4 tires. Light should go out.

I did it on my 09 OBXT a few years ago, and it's time to do it again. I can't seem to find the thread where someone posted this procedure.

Appreciate all help finding this.

• 1 year later...

Most tire shops will reset the system for free. Call one.

Or just put a piece of black tape over the light. I did that years ago, a week after putting new tires on. Seems two sensors had dead batteries, tape has been there for like 5 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If when you first turn the vehicle on and the TPMS light blinks, it means a sensor is dead.  If you know your sensors are good and programmed to your vehicle, all you need to do is set tire pressures to what it says on the door, or 35psi, and drive it for a mile or two; the light should then go out.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas. I think the reset procedure I'm thinking of was normally used when sensors are replaced, and the procedure forces the car to relearn the new ones (maybe).

Setting the appropriate air doesn't make the light go out and I'm trying to avoid the local tire shops. Just a history of incomplete service, mostly about tpms batteries and resets on my other vehicles (long story).

I wish I saved that procedure previously used.

47 minutes ago, nsr said:

. Just a history of incomplete service, mostly about tpms batteries and resets on my other vehicles (long story).

That’s why the black tape works great, hasn't failed me in many years.

You don't need that system.

In fact, yesterday I put the hose on my compressor and the air chuck on, and checked/filled all 16 tires on the 4 cars. 

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/

Maybe some over there might have the reset...Cardoc, in the 05-09 forum there may know, on here, he's supercharged, (user name)  PM him