LegacyGT.com

Need Help With Suspension Lift 1995 Legacy

Let me start by saying I have already searched for my answers and have found a ton of information. However, some of the information I have found has contradicted itself so I am throwing up this post to iron out the details. I have a 1995 Legacy Wagon awd I want to lift. I don't plan to wheel it at all, just want some clearance for the snow and fire roads. From what I read it sounds like the Forester struts and coils will give me 2/2.5 Inch lift from just suspension. I have read that it will be a direct bolt and have also read that I need to drill holes. Hoping I can get a confirmed answer on that. Next was the trailing arm. I know its not necessary but I might as well do it while I am in there. Is it the trailing arm, the trailing arm bracket, or both that I need to put the wheel in the right place. Lastly, hoping some of you with experience can chime in. Any issue with getting the vehicle aligned, tire wear, or component wear with this setup? Thanks for the help guys!

The outback struts are like 2 in longer than the legacy ones and the forester ones might be longer than that. If the forester top hat holes don't line up, you can just use legacy/outback top hats. It's like assembling legos, most of the parts are interchangeable. I lifted mine for a while using outback struts and then legacy springs, it raised the car about 2 inches but the strut rubbed the inside of the strut tower on full droop (aka when jacking the car up.) You can also do saggy butt spacers to get a little extra height out of it.

Secondly, outbacks come with subframe spacers and possibly longer lateral/trailing arms. If you lift it too much without those supporting parts you will strain axles which could cause premature failure or binding.