LegacyGT.com

Replacing Heater Hoses

Will be doing drain and fill of my coolant next week and thinking with 135,000 miles on my 2015 Legacy Premium, I should have the heater hoses replaced at the same time. Local Subaru parts guy says he shows 2 heater hoses, but O'Reilly Auto shows 4 different hoses for the heater. I'm wondering how many heater hoses does this Legacy actually have and is it a good idea to replace original hoses at this mileage?

Will be doing drain and fill of my coolant next week and thinking with 135,000 miles on my 2015 Legacy Premium, I should have the heater hoses replaced at the same time. Local Subaru parts guy says he shows 2 heater hoses, but O'Reilly Auto shows 4 different hoses for the heater. I'm wondering how many heater hoses does this Legacy actually have and is it a good idea to replace original hoses at this mileage?
So you have a 2.5 or 3.6? SAMCO Sport has Silicone Hose kit for a 3.6r I had them make it for me and now they sell 3 Radiator Hoses and the Heater Hoses.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

... is it a good idea to replace original hoses at this mileage?

Coolant hoses deteriorate primarily based on calendar age rather than mileage. I recommend inspecting the hoses and replacing them only if there are cracks or other external signs of aging.

On the other hand, any time you disconnect a hose is occasion for careful inspection and possible replacement. In my experience, disconnecting a hose with no end fitting almost always involves some risk of damage.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png