LegacyGT.com

Buying parts. Why do I feel like they are trying to screw me?

I have a wholesale parts account however, I generate a ton of credit card points from my construction business. I can buy on ebay or amazon with them. I have been trying to buy OEM rebuild parts but, I get the sense sellers are trying to slip in Chinese parts.

There is an outfit in Bellingham, subarupartsdirect that sells oem but, many of my parts came in open boxes and a review accused them of subbing parts. It does say japan on this water pump but, why are these boxes opened?

Many other sellers seem to be playing some kind of game too.

Also, I am inclined to go OEM on everything save the timing belt which I think may benefit from the STI 30mm version?

10mm oil pump, I saw ACL makes a "high performance " version.

Please feel free to share your takes on the best spec on these fundamental building blocks. Thanks.

Is subarupartsdirect connected with a real Subaru Dealership ? If so, they would open the boxes to make sure the correct parts are there as they would normally put them onto the supply racks.

When I picked up the ej257 and engine gasket set from my local Dealer, the gasket set was all in a plastic bag.

Even the timing belt kit all the parts came off the shelf, not in boxes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here