LegacyGT.com

Building "Sendy" a 1999 L

New member here, ended up with a '99 L car from my wife's aunt (gift) with 330k miles on the odometer. It has more than 330k miles but the speedometer hasn't been working in the past few years. They apparently had a "new" 2.2L motor installed a couple years ago but it never really has ran right. I went up and drove it 3 hours home and it barely made it with a nasty misfire an cylinders 3 and 4. The other issues are CV joints and some bugs living in the air box.

I started out with replacing the spark plugs which gave the misfire an immediate improvement but it was still there. Next step was the coil pack, more improvement but still missing on lower end acceleration.

My overall plan with Sendy is to make it a solid overland vehicle, first step is to get er running smoothly, then its on to replacing CV joints. Later I will add a lift, replace the tires, put some navigation and communication devices in it, and whatever else I decide to do.

Here's some pictures, I will document my build in this thread.

vnAdKd3

zxhGpAh

yHx5qL7

So I fixed the missing issue in 3 and 4 with another new set of plugs and a new set of wires, I'm still having issues but this one doesn't have a CEL. I am having an issue with low power until about 3300 rpm when the power magically comes and accelerates how I think it should. This happens in all gears.... Going to do some heavy googling and hope I can find a good solution.

Update: it seems the hesitation problem has magically fixed itself after I plugged in the computer and monitored all the sensors... so I'm going to drive it for a while to see if it comes back. my next step is figuring out why its clunking at full lock turns and fix that, after that I will be making it off road worthy (as long as it stays running correctly).