Color: Silver

Miles: ~11,000 (odometer reading)

Transmission: 2007 jdm forester sti 6mt

Title: none, bill of sale only

Lien: none

VIN: srrt#1 (not street legal)

Seller's email address: slipperypig2005@gmail.com

Asking Price: 15,000

Background info: This is a race car. The cage was estimated at $50,000 to build last year. This car has never been registered for road use.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73859

Part out: none

Pics: https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4662916&postcount=13

History thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cool-article-05-scca-wagons-floating-around-still-73859p26.html

Mods:

Grandam cage - 8 points, extra bracing, door bars

JRZ 3-way coilovers. Fresh rebuild w/zero miles

Full whiteline swap - every piece ever sold for the legacy.

Cusco under car reinforcement

specb aluminum suspension parts

alcon 6 piston in front, brembo 2 piston in rear

Perrin fmic

Aviaid drysump system

Cobb accessport v2 and custom mods, plus camera

AiM MXL data system & dash unit

2007 jdm forester sti 6mt

What you get:

race car, original engine, cobb accessport, aim mxl plus camera system, dry sump, fire system, fuel cell, new suit cooler system, extra sparco seat, extra body parts, fmic components, full brand new whiteline suspension, 2 sets of mounted slicks, 1 set of rains, log books, fresh rebuild on c/o (no miles).

Race wagon in PO's livery - b8ICbCMq6CS1hQ1EZHK7Bim5_rf7vi00mTmV5HZv1D4=w1534-h908-no

Front view - attachment.php?attachmentid=229490&d=1462215990

AP Racing brakes - Ap%2BRacing%2BComplete%2B1.jpg

A little too much sharing there. Sorry.

Inbox is flooded with individual requests. Going to split out all the extra things.

Racewagon price includes everything you need to go racing. I want to say it's turnkey, but it has a new engine. It will need a tune by a cobb shop. The car currently has a ap2 accessport full of mods that are unique to this car. Getting this to work should be easy, however, ymmv.

The only time I see a car for sale that comes with a second vehicle for towing said car.

Idk why Subaru doesn't sell the flatbed tow truck with the car. It would save so much hassle getting the car home from pretty much anywhere. My entire extended family has used less towing services collectively than I have for my street wagon.

Race cars ads usually have a line about a tow rig being included for additional cost. You could drive it on the road. I drove one across town to a shop instead of trailering it. It overheated several times but the straight exhaust in the tunnels more than made up for the problems.

Consider owning the first Subaru Road Race Team car, (which I dreamed Subaru would come looking for their museum, but probably my grandkids would benefit from that sale, not me) that Phoenix Performance told me Subaru spent over $125K in 2005 dollars building. The JRZ dampers are crazy expensive by themselves. They cost as much as a decent Spec Miata race car.

Then I spent a bunch more $$$$ upgrading.

Lots of great memories racing the Silver Bullet. I always got compliments at the track, and believe me, nobody wanted to be passed by that Outback!

And some expensive memories. If anyone in the PacNW buys her I'll be at most all the races and more than happy to help you out. And if you're in Bend even better. In the least you'll need help understanding the dry sump system.

I'm tempted to buy it back but I'm trying to sell at least two of my current race cars, not add another one.

My history with the car is detailed here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cool-article-05-scca-wagons-floating-around-still-73859.html

GLWS!

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
changed price to obo. I'll let it run for a bit, then strip it

OBO!

I'll buy it for $1,000.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

cutting the cage out? Its alot of work. you could buy the wagon and swap your engine in for less money. fjuan's shortblock plus c&d's headwork plus the rest of the race engine parts...you'd have a decent setup. Gator got his drysump sorted, so you could leverage that work.

with covid still a thing, my holiday plans got canceled. I'll work on putting the engine in the car.

Trying to sell the house and shop so reducing the amount of stuff that has to go into storage.

Suburban needs a new power steering pump. Once that's fixed, i'll move the race car in. At that point, its a package deal. Everything that fits in trailer and suburban. Pretty much how I bought the spec miata. Truck & trailer is 46 feet long. Fits in your driveway perfectly. :)

I have no idea with this would be a feasible concept or not :) Wonder what a cage builder would have to say about the viability of a re-installed cage from a safety stand point. Guess that depends on how its hacked out and put back in.

I have no idea with this would be a feasible concept or not :) Wonder what a cage builder would have to say about the viability of a re-installed cage from a safety stand point. Guess that depends on how its hacked out and put back in.

you'd have to cut the main hoop which would render it useless. Having the main hoop as one piece is the cornerstone of every design as well as passing tech.

Godspeed quoted me 10-20,000 to replicate this cage in my black wagon. That assumed the car was stripped. Price variation covered gussets, passenger door bars, stitching the body and thru-firewall bracing. Idk what it would be today, as that's from 2012-13.

Kip got a 6 point installed by 425 motorsports in Bellevue for 6k?

Edited by boxkita

you'd have to cut the main hoop which would render it useless. Having the main hoop as one piece is the cornerstone of every design as well as passing tech.

Godspeed quoted me 10-20,000 to replicate this cage in my black wagon. That assumed the car was stripped. Price variation covered gussets, passenger door bars, stitching the body and thru-firewall bracing. Idk what it would be today, as that's from 2012-13.

Kip got a 6 point installed by 425 motorsports in Bellevue for 6k?

Guess thats why I don't have a cage yet...