LegacyGT.com

Mesh Grille Options

So, I have been looking for a good replacement mesh grille for my 2010 LGT for a while now. I know that they are hard to find, but I found this one on ebay but can't seem stomaching the return cost if it doesn't work out. Anyone have any experience with a grille like this?

Also, I am on the fence about just making my own. Either way I want it to look clean and OEM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202786702615268ddbdaf9312455ab283ebc0933f2d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just got that grill from ebay. It took about 45 minutes of some work to get it to fit, but I'm pretty happy with it.

You need to drill the holes for the plastic push clips, and I actually cut off 2 of the tabs on the lower part of the grill since I couldn't get them to work the way they wanted it to.

VUSo7zl.jpg

IMO it looks better than the stock grill that's been plastidipped plastic albeit about as chintzy. But really I hate the chrome so I'll take either over that.

I just got that grill from ebay. It took about 45 minutes of some work to get it to fit, but I'm pretty happy with it.

You need to drill the holes for the plastic push clips, and I actually cut off 2 of the tabs on the lower part of the grill since I couldn't get them to work the way they wanted it to.

VUSo7zl.jpg

IMO it looks better than the stock grill that's been plastidipped plastic albeit about as chintzy. But really I hate the chrome so I'll take either over that.

Looks Awesome! Thanks for the response! Do you happen to have any photos of how the grill fits with the hood down? I was concerned about excess panel gap because some of these Chinese products have bad tolerances.

Also, How did you attach your Subie emblem?

The black definitely looks way better than the chrome, I can't stand it.

Thanks for your help!

the panel gap isn't great, but it's only a little bit more than stock if you can deal with that. Really it's basically about how well you drill the holes. The gap that is there in my picture is from the heads of the clips

VotL5XP.jpg

As for the emblem. That's a stock trunk emblem that I bought off ebay.

The emblem has 1 female screw hole and a post.

For the screw hole I used a screw and a washer and for the post I threaded a nut onto it. I also backed the whole thing with grey mounting tape