LegacyGT.com

Oil Line Bypass

So I am going to do a turbo oil line bypass like suggested by BNR, and I had bought the IAG oil line kit a while back, but I got thinking about the issue with the AVCS banjo filter tend to clog. Would splitting the line after the inline filter risk starving the turbo/AVCS or cause other problems? My idea is just connecting it like: oil filter sandwich plate - AN line - inline filter - IAG oil line kit.

Source:

Oil Line Bypass: https://bnrsupercars.wordpress.com/subaru-oil-line-bypass-do-it-yourself-kit/

IAG Oil Feed Kit: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/oil-feed-lines-and-fittings/iag-eng-2070-iag-stock-location-turbo-oil-feed-and-avcs-line

I wouldn’t bother filtering the line going to the AVCS, just the turbo. I believe Bryan won’t warranty his turbos without a filter. If you’re good with your oil change intervals a filter shouldn’t make a difference. On my build I used the IAG kit because like you I had already purchased it. I only used certain parts though. I ran my passenger side AVCS off the back of the head using one line from that kit. I purchased parts from ATPturbo.com to make up the line from rear top oil galley to the “red”filter from FP (because thats the filter he recommended at the time) then I used the remaining line from IAG to go to the turbo. The banjo bolt I used on top of the turbo is unrestricted. All in all this made for a clean install. The same could be done using the sandwich plate.

Btw I check the filter every 3k oil change and it’s always clean.

51efa9caa88f952fca78c2b259f4b01f.jpg