LegacyGT.com

White smoke and oil leak

I have a Subaru Legacy 2008 2.5. I have a bad leak on it and I replaced the oil pressure switch. Thinking that would result the problem but once I turn the car on, it started smoking from under the engine. Where the exhaust attaches to the engine. White thick smoke came out. It has a burning smell. Not sure what it is. Any thoughts?

I'm afraid we're going to need a lot more information to diagnose. Why did you think replacing the oil pressure switch would fix an oil leak? Was the oil pressure switch leaking? Smoke from the exhaust probably means oil is dripping on the exhaust, but which side is smoking?

Additionally, typically the pictures section is for pictures. You'll get better exposure in the proper section.

Thanks for replying. After inspecting the oil spill all over the engine, I pinned down the oil leak to the oil pressure sensor because it wasn’t screwed all the way in. It was half way in. I clean the area and replaced the sensor. The smoke came out seconds after I turn the on. I’ve seen when smoke its cause by the oil spill on the parts of the engine that get hot. But this was different. It looked like the smoke was coming out of the area where the exhaust meets the engine (I clearly don’t know wth I’m talking about because I don’t what the part it’s called) lol.

It was a white smoke and it smell like burnt. I’ve attached a picture of the area where the smoke was coming out. The car hasn’t been run for over a month.