LegacyGT.com

Td04 twinscroll

Hi, I've been running a jdm TD04HLA-19t for a few years now on my 92 Legacy. I had a custom elbow made to run it with FMIC. Well that FMIC pissed me off for the last time (giant pain in the ass every time you need to work in the engine bay) and I'm switching to the factory AWIC with an aftermarket heat exchanger and pump.

Since the AWIC core attaches to turbos the same way STI's and 02-07 WRX's do, I swapped the cover on my "19t" for one from an 02-07 WRX (a 13t) that had been machined to fit the 19t wheel. That part went smoothly. The "19t" wastegate bracket didn't fit the "13t" cover. The 13t wastegate fits the "13t" cover, of course. But it doesn't have enough offset to reach the wastegate itself. Anyone know of an aftermarket or preferably an oem solution?

Thanks.

Also, how do I change the theme on this forum, I haven't logged in a few years and when I came back it looked like the internet circa 1995 lol.

vfuEIhyI.jpg

Lur9qaQI.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

None of the local shops were willing to help because I didn't order the turbo or cover from them.

I ordered this waste gate adaptor, and it fit my turbo:

Kinugawa Billet Adjustable Turbo Wastegate Actuator Subaru TD04 TD04HL TD05H TD06SL2

Spring: 0.8 bar / 11.7 Psi 309-02086-003

Secondly, the stock twinscroll coolant lines interfered with the new compressor cover, so I used some kinugawa coolant lines designed for a non-twinscroll td04, and that worked perfectly.

A0CR2Ym.jpg

Edited by mike-tracy

• 1 year later...