LegacyGT.com

Rear spoilers

Thinking of a rear spoiler, what do y'all got?

Any from other cars that fit? I see Humble tried a few from the 4th gen and valkyriehunter has an M3 trunk lip?

Looking more for at the trunk lip style at the moment but open to other ideas.

Any from other cars that fit? I see Humble tried a few from the 4th gen and valkyriehunter has an M3 trunk lip?

You can buy an OEM Subaru Spoiler, either from Subaru or somewhere else online.

unnamed.jpg.1b797904ab8da570df32c8b68e1d25a7.jpg

I have a thin flexible poly unpainted trunk lip from an outfit called spoilerking.net. They feature searching by make/model/year, and mine was almost perfect width of trunk. I wanted black so it works for me, but if you wanted to paint it you’d just need to add flexi agent to the paint and maybe prime with an adherence promoter.

Yeah, I saw your mountain run pics, your car is looking sharp!

I can go either way with this, my car is black, and I know a decent shop if I do decide to get it painted.

That does look good on your car, I will check their site. Would you happen to have shots of it on your car from a different angle?

EDIT: Oh, and when you say almost on the fit, how so? Did you have to mod it to get it on?

Almost as in a few mils short of exact width. No mod (it’s a 3M tape application) just an eyeball to even out the spacing on either side. Pro tip: tape mark exact center of lip and center of trunk, and match them up as a starting point when peeling tape backing. Will take shots of fit/finish tomorrow.

I've always liked the Corazon rear lip spoiler... not enough to shell out 450 (shipped) for it, though...

That looks nice too, especially the CF version!

What I dont like about that one is how it crowds around the Subaru emblem.

I bought an ebay duckbill type rear spoiler and liked it a lot. It was made of rubber like material and stuck on with 3m tape.

I took it off though as i couldnt find a way to hide the holes left open when i took the oem rear wing off.

I took it off though as i couldnt find a way to hide the holes left open when i took the oem rear wing off.

I can't remember the name of the stuff, but there is a putty that is similiar to play dough. You simply have to roll the stuff and fill the whole.

3rd gen, not 4th gen. 3rd gen trunks and 5th gen trunks are the same width, so most 3rd gen spoilers work.

3rd gen, not 4th gen. 3rd gen trunks and 5th gen trunks are the same width, so most 3rd gen spoilers work.

I was waiting for the Humble all inclusive list of spoilers that work on the 5th gen. :lol:

Lmao. I mean that list is basically endless, I've tried 6 different spoilers on my own car just out of curiosity (set on top, not actually mounted). But I might as well share what I know of that's bespoke for our car.

Here's everything I've collected that's made specifically for BM Legacy, not an exhaustive list of all spoilers that will fit (there's plenty more from other makes/models). I'm leaving off the factory trunk lip spoiler from this list but that's an option too.

JDM OEM Option Raised Spoiler

L8DL0yZ.png

STI Option Lip Spoiler

gHFdFKz.jpg

Corazon Lip Spoiler (Also available in Carbon variant)

6Ae4DHj.jpg

y6qaWr8.jpg

Bw6T0FD.jpg

Gialla Trunk Spoiler

sGTDoyS.jpg

drLKd5E.jpg

Liberal-Albero Trunk Lip (very similar to STI lip)

OLEKIIw.jpg

Rowen Trunk Lip (also similar to STI lip)

K4NXEi9.jpg

Rowen Trunk Wing (carbon variant exists but is discontinued)

UvyfTqp.jpg

O0yIWcM.jpg

S-Craft Trunk Spoiler (almost perfectly mimics modern STI spoiler, but is molded specifically for the Legacy trunk)

hRL8N7h.jpg

zpwizEO.jpg

Syms Trunk Lip

TXJ7NJZ.jpg

NIBoott.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 6/23/2020 at 7:16 AM, Humble Rumble said:

Lmao. I mean that list is basically endless, I've tried 6 different spoilers on my own car just out of curiosity (set on top, not actually mounted). But I might as well share what I know of that's bespoke for our car.

Here's everything I've collected that's made specifically for BM Legacy, not an exhaustive list of all spoilers that will fit (there's plenty more from other makes/models). I'm leaving off the factory trunk lip spoiler from this list but that's an option too.

JDM OEM Option Raised Spoiler

L8DL0yZ.png

STI Option Lip Spoiler

gHFdFKz.jpg

Corazon Lip Spoiler (Also available in Carbon variant)

6Ae4DHj.jpg

y6qaWr8.jpg

Bw6T0FD.jpg

Gialla Trunk Spoiler

sGTDoyS.jpg

drLKd5E.jpg

Liberal-Albero Trunk Lip (very similar to STI lip)

OLEKIIw.jpg

Rowen Trunk Lip (also similar to STI lip)

K4NXEi9.jpg

Rowen Trunk Wing (carbon variant exists but is discontinued)

UvyfTqp.jpg

O0yIWcM.jpg

S-Craft Trunk Spoiler (almost perfectly mimics modern STI spoiler, but is molded specifically for the Legacy trunk)

hRL8N7h.jpg

zpwizEO.jpg

Syms Trunk Lip

TXJ7NJZ.jpg

NIBoott.jpg

Old reply, but what year STi lip fits on the Legacy

Any year STI sedan wing will fit really. But don't put an STI wing on a 5th gen. It's been done to death and looks a bit shite. The Evo X wing has become a popular one to do recently and honestly looks better than any STI wing on a 5th gen I've seen.