LegacyGT.com

Tires... What have you replaced the stock tires with?

The Quatrac Pro's are Severe Snow Service Rated and have a treadwear of 400. All the other tires rated the same have a 600 or 700 threadwear rating, probably why tirerack have them on special to clear them out of the warehouses :)

I replaced my Goodyears with the VREDESTEIN HITRAC Grand Touring All-Season. They are slightly quieter and have better turn in. So far so good. I got exactly 60k out of the Goodyears, not bad. If I get that much out of these i'll be happy.

+1 for the DWS06+ - I've used them on my '17 and '02.  Good performance in the snow and on pavement, quiet,and long-lived.  I've gotten 40k+ on all 3 sets I've owned; not bad for a performance tire.  I think the 245/45 is a good compromise for a DD; I've had 40 profile, but the ride was harsher than I like for street use.  Note that with the 245s on a 5th gen a reduced offset is needed to clear the front struts; I use a 38 offset (19" Enkei Raijin wheels) on my '17.

Edited by ronemus

For non-sporty, long-distance, all-season driving I got the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks. For the occasional track day I have Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's.

Edit:

3 hours ago, chowser51 said:

For my non sporty cars, I'm standardizing on Michelin CrossClimate2 tires.

I also recommended this tire for my brother's Jeep Grand Cherokee and my mother's XC90.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...