LegacyGT.com

Help me pick injectors

Hey guys, I'm looking to get some bigger injectors to go with the vf52 when I put it in. I know it's not necessary but I'm going to have the manifold off to do the tgv delete, so I figure why not go bigger and get the full experience of the turbo? I was thinking 850cc but they dont seem to be a popular size these days. I'm NOT looking to stay with stock injectors, so if you were or have been in my shoes, what are you running?

Because pricing is pretty moot point within each manufacturers sizes, I'd just opt for 1050's a la Injector Dynamics,Cobb, (same thing just rebranded). You'll have plenty of headroom in the future should you choose to continue down the slippery slope and you won't suffer any drivability issues while you're getting there.

At the recommendation of my tuner I went with the ID1050x injectors. In my case it was to get away from the side feed setup as well as provide support for the 16g evo3. It was also recommended to do parallel fueling and aftermarket FPR. I’m very happy with this setup as I run no fuel pulse dampers and there is absolutely no stumble.

Could run aftermarket fuel rails if you like for a parallel fueling set up but not necessary at these power levels unless you’ve got cash to burn. Wondered about that when I swapped out from my sidefeed DW 740’s / VF52 set up to 1050 topfeeds/ Evo 16G on the track car. Cobb Surgeline told me it wasn’t necessary until moving to big power so I’m running OEM top feed fuel rails that they had in stock from a previous big power build. Don’t have any stumble with this configuration on my car.

First I'd recommend asking your tuner.

What fuel are you planning to run? I ran 850cc's in my 08 spec.b for my 18g turbo (bigger than a v52) on e85. If you're not running e85, 720's should be enough.

Some tuners have a preference for which injector types are easier or harder to tune, hence why it's good to ask which they prefer.

I think 850's are not popular because in the early days the brands that made them for side feeds were not consistent and people were not happy with them. I think the top feed versions performed better