LegacyGT.com

Should I keep my Legacy after lease expires?

halfdun

Hello Forum. I have a 2017 Legacy basic model 2.5i? I leased it for 36 months / 36k miles. This lease is finished in October of 2020. With my reduced driving these days, the car should have well under the 36k by a few thousand. (Maybe 33k). I believe the residual value will be just under $14k.

My question: Should I keep this car or turn it in? I have recently read of problems with wheel bearings and some CVT problems. Since leasing it I've only seen a few minor things like a frozen fuel door not opening, and sometimes when it rains minor weird electronics glitches that are not serious but make me wonder. I only want o buy this car if they are extremely trouble free. Would you share what you know about any reliability problems with a 2017 Legacy? Thanks!

The electronic glitches is what makes me consider that you might be better off with ending the lease. Those can easily get worse over time.

Just check in well before the lease ends that the dealer can take it in since there are cases where the dealers are swamped with incoming vehicles right now.

453747.png

• 1 year later...
I ended up turning the car in, but only because I got laid off due to the pandemic. I could have bought it for 13 thousand and change which was a bargain because the book value was 17. Had multiple problems with Subaru Finance though. (Chase Bank). I really miss that Legacy.