LegacyGT.com

Knockoff DOHC timing belt cam lock tool

Anybody looking to buy the cheap kmotor cam lock tool that is a knockoff of company23's design prepare to finish machining it yourself.

I normally prefer my Company23 tools, of which I have 4 variations, but due to my engine swap project I am out of money and time like yesterday.

Time and time again I try to save money buying cheap parts or tools.

Usually you have a functional tool or part with a vastly reduced lifespan. Seeing the camlock tool not having moving parts I wondered how a Chinese factory could screw it up?

Well, lol, looks like they're just not finish machining them to the correct precision size.

I had to grind down each face with a bench grinder and then hand file touch up the tool to make it useable.

For the ej255 the camshaft pulley fasteners are a 10mm hex. My cheap 10mm hex measured 9.95mm +/- .05mm OJtAMQP.jpg

The China Special from Kmotor came in from 10.1-10.2mm

bQQ2KeR.jpg

Just stick with the original.

If you're looking for an actual tool deal check out the Irwin Industrial stuff. Specifically https://www.ebay.com/itm/153869196558 is a great automotive tap and die set. Bluepoint rebrands and sells it for so much the used bluepoint kits are going for new Irwin pricing. Edited by Senseless1