LegacyGT.com

OBXT Front Mount Intercooler

2008 Outback XT. Tuned, stage two car. Looking to start upgrading further. Injectors, pump, turbo, uppipe, ewg, ebcs, and intercooler. ETS has just recently offered an FMIC for 05-09 LGT. I reached out to them to verify fitment on my OBXT... No advice was given other than reach out on the threads. So here i am. Will this intercooler kit be adaptable to my OBXT. AVO is offering a FMIC kit that looks almost identical in the piping as the ETS kit. They will verify fitment on the OBXT. Just curious what all the OBXT guys and gals are running FMIC wise, if at all. Thanks

The chassis are the same as far as I know for what your plan is.

Your best bet is to PM member "m sprank" he is one of the "go to guy's" he would know.

You can tell him I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

$1300 for the kit and all the labor to install it.

If you don't need it for big HP, then the GS tmic is much easier to install.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

When the GS tmic arrives, put the odd shaped hose that goes to the TB on the tmic and let it set at least over night. You can thank me later...;)

I have learned a lot about those silicone hoses...

You will love the EWG with all of those parts for a bit, then people will never want to try you which makes you lonely in your town :icon_cry:. Well for me it did after putting down an Evo with ETS FMIC and tuned, and staying side by side with a STS-V that was tuned. I was alone to never get a run in :lol:.

Get all those parts and the car will be fun.

• 2 months later...

@EB'sOXT did you ever get your TMIC?

Thanks' date=' I've actually thought a lot about it. And yes, I think Grimmspeed TMIC is the rout im going. Should be able to that install myself and save some bucks. I think I've seen your GT at Surgeline.[/quote']

@EB'sOBXT that's awesome. You just confirmed it for me and I will opt to go TMIC instead of FMIC since I am only looking for 300awhp. Sounds like you have a good cast of supporting mods as well. Have you considered upgrading your fuel pump as well?

I have. Funny you said something. Im about to order a fuel pump. LOTS of deliberation went in to my choice... Part # 9-309-1008 Deatschwerks 300C fuel pump. Direct fitment, plug and play in to OEM fuel bucket. All the bad I've heard were about people installing the pump incorrectly. Cant fix operator error. nothing but good reviews for this particular pump. It is the newer, higher flowing version of the DW 65C.

The ETS fmic is not new. They just resurrected an old kit that I used to sell and install quite a few of. BEST fmic kit you can buy for the STI/WRX/LGT/OBXT. Dyno tested by myself, Bill (Delicious Tuning) and Steve (7L). Worth every penny. Capable of supporting 600+whp. Best fit and fastest install of any fmic kit. Core options are RIDICULOUSLY efficient. I am a fan.

I have. Funny you said something. Im about to order a fuel pump. LOTS of deliberation went in to my choice... Part # 9-309-1008 Deatschwerks 300C fuel pump. Direct fitment' date=' plug and play in to OEM fuel bucket. All the bad I've heard were about people installing the pump incorrectly. Cant fix operator error. nothing but good reviews for this particular pump. It is the newer, higher flowing version of the DW 65C.[/quote']

That's great. LMK how the install is....that's what a friend recommended I get.

The ETS fmic is not new. They just resurrected an old kit that I used to sell and install quite a few of. BEST fmic kit you can buy for the STI/WRX/LGT/OBXT. Dyno tested by myself, Bill (Delicious Tuning) and Steve (7L). Worth every penny. Capable of supporting 600+whp. Best fit and fastest install of any fmic kit. Core options are RIDICULOUSLY efficient. I am a fan.

@m sprank Looks like a good kit and it seems like they resurrected the price too:lol: ;)

You get what you pay for. $1300 is the same price the kit always sold for. It is worth every penny if you want to make power. The most efficient and best working core we ever tested. Clean pipe routing. Minimal cutting, if any. I would use no other kit on my own car.