LegacyGT.com

EZ30r oil cooler HELP?

I just bought a 2009 legacy 3.0r with 100000 mi. I took it right down the road from the dealer to have a visual inspection (at pepboys... Mistake!) I put it up on some jack stands looking for a oil leak. They replaced oil at dealer before selling and didn't put a crush washer on the pan, lol. I wanted to see all the seals since a "mechanic" got an hour labor I should try to get back. The oil cooler, it has some fresh coolant on the outside. I wish it was just replacing the O ring but I think that's wishful thinking. I tried to find a OEM oil cooler for this engine and can't find a match. Does anyone know the part number? 2.5 engine cooler and even 3.6r cooler I could find. I put my VIN in to check fit and they say neither will fit. I could see previous owner replaced the radiator and whoever did it replaced it with green coolant. Subaru says the system is all aluminum and green coolant is corrosive. Has anyone who replaced the O ring had any coolant leak at the oil cooler? And the airbag light came on today, [emoji23]. Not even gonna try to trace that one down... without the fault code.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. The complete manual is 2 great link. I found some Tribeca 3.0r oil cooler and they said they didn't fit. It's obvious why people replace O ring when they leak oil. I'll probably end up trying to find a yard I can pick and pull. It's not showing up under any of the online vendors. I don't think they generally go bad. First owner didn't exactly go OEM and I'm paying for it. I'm already replacing both CV axles, one of which they already did with a Chinese brand. The original looks too far gone to reboot. The bushings on the control arms furthest back look shot. But I can't expect someone would fix it 100% to turn around and get no more on the trade for something new. Oil seals looked great, for the no maintenance plan the first owner took.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk