LegacyGT.com

I noticed my af learning 1A climbing over the past few weeks. I hooked the smoke machine up and saw smoke rolling out of the tgv plate on the passenger head near the turbo. I saw 1 thread in the archives so I'm hoping to re-open the discussion. Deletes would be the obvious choice but im trying to keep the cost low until I'm ready to rebuild the motor. Will RTV hold if I fill in that hole beneath the plate?

Are you talking about those orange O-rings between the plastic intake manifold and the TGV's ?

Or where the butterfly shaft comes out the end by the TGV's sensor ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I noticed my af learning 1A climbing over the past few weeks. I hooked the smoke machine up and saw smoke rolling out of the tgv plate on the passenger head near the turbo. I saw 1 thread in the archives so I'm hoping to re-open the discussion. Deletes would be the obvious choice but im trying to keep the cost low until I'm ready to rebuild the motor. Will RTV hold if I fill in that hole beneath the plate?

Mine did the same. So I deleted them and put fresh gaskets on the head and manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about those orange O-rings between the plastic intake manifold and the TGV's ?

Or where the butterfly shaft comes out the end by the TGV's sensor ?

The little plate on the back end of the butterfly shaft. The passenger side plate sits a few inches from the turbo.

Ares- I think that's what I'm going to do. Now I'm tempted to get bigger injectors, the tgv delete and swap out most of the vac hoses underneath the manifold. I'm sure many are like porcelain by now.

The little plate on the back end of the butterfly shaft. The passenger side plate sits a few inches from the turbo.

Ares- I think that's what I'm going to do. Now I'm tempted to get bigger injectors, the tgv delete and swap out most of the vac hoses underneath the manifold. I'm sure many are like porcelain by now.

Yeah. That’s exactly what I did. I figured as long as I’m removing everything. I might as well remove the fuel brackets and get new injectors in. Just one thing to note. That tgv ground. On the drivers side. If you don’t put the bracket back you will have to extend the ground. Make sure you clean the area super well that you plan on grounding too I didn’t and after a few days my accessport started flashing. Then I did a big pull and the car shut off and would restart. That ground is very important. It’s literally a giant paperweight without it

Is there a reason I wouldnt put the bracket back on or are you saying it's easy to forget about?

The bracket is just a pain if you need to do any work in there. It was easier to not put it back and extend 1 wire. Btw if you’re in there doing all this you might as well do the secondary air pump delete. After all you’re gonna need a tune anyway so now is the time. All you need is a block off kit