LegacyGT.com

How many of you running catless on 5th gens?

I got a 2012 GT that I love so far, and was wondering if anyone who was running catless had any boost creep issues after a protune? I have an Invidia catless sitting in my garage that I'm going to throw on once I get my car back from some head work. I'm pretty new to owning Subaru's and obviously this gen is the worst to own for aftermarket parts, but are there any parts that I could throw on to combat that boost creep if it is a problem?

I got a 2012 GT that I love so far, and was wondering if anyone who was running catless had any boost creep issues after a protune? I have an Invidia catless sitting in my garage that I'm going to throw on once I get my car back from some head work. I'm pretty new to owning Subaru's and obviously this gen is the worst to own for aftermarket parts, but are there any parts that I could throw on to combat that boost creep if it is a problem?
Porting the turbo helps, but the people who have creep have generally not fixed the problem but were able to minimize it. Cold weather will exacerbate it. It also helps to keep the factory midpipe as that offers some restriction to keep the turbine wheel under control.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We would suggest keeping the cat for legal and a little less likely to overboost reasons.

We have had much better luck dialing in cars when the cars are catted, with a little more restrictive muffler *ie stock or not strait through design*

It can still require porting of the wg but there are no gains from catless and a ton of reasons not to go with them.

Hope that helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.