LegacyGT.com

My 2008 Spec b Build

Hey all giving a little build list for the Spec B I just finished. I bought the car sight unseen from copart, first time I've ever done that. I knew it would come with engine problems so I prepared for that. When I recieved the car i was splendidly surprised on the condition of the interior and exterior. Came from California so its spotless underneath, but did have a good rod knock. Here is the car day one on the trailer

wxWBWHL.jpg

i3nbX4T.jpg

8NN5lKO.jpg

Edited by ekwilson08

Now it's time to remove the motor and get to work! For cylinder number 4 rod bearing had spun. So I got a Sti Coated Crank, Eagle Rods and Manley pistons. Also got a 11mm Sti Oil pump.

t8ALwtT.jpg

RpDiYQR.jpg

Ym4JJx9.jpg

c6IzMlj.jpg

0F3Jzi2.jpg

Edited by ekwilson08

I wanted to keep the Subaru Burble so I got Tomei UEL header and uppipe. Wrapped the header with included wraps. And for the turbo I got a Kinguawa 20g turbo. 8cm housing.

aoUvGO9.jpg

hrW0BDQ.jpg

Edited by ekwilson08

Dont have much pictures for this part but for injectors I got injector dynamics 1050x injectors and a dw 265 fuel pump. Deleted all air pump stuff. For exhaust I have a cobb downpipe and magnaflow exhaust. For the clutch I'm using a exedy 15803 hd clutch. ACT racelite flywheel. Grimmspeed top mount intercooler, grimmspeed pitchstop mount and all group n engine and transmounts.

wzsIeT6.jpg

Edited by ekwilson08

Damn she is clean! I bought one in a similiar situation last summer, rod knock special 08 spec b in DGM as well. Only issue on my end it's a canadian car, so I'm dealing with some rust, it's not too bad, but I'm going to not winter drive her at all now. The interior on mine needed a bit of work but nothing major.

Looking forward to see your progress!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

• 3 months later...
Nice catch on Spec B. I own a CDN 08 DGM Spec. B myself. Clean underneath surprisingly as it has always been in quebec! We get siberia winters and add a little salt for taste. Still, as soon as I got it last year I went and had it rust proofed at Krown rustproofing. No mechanical issues so far at 220000KM, DD so I don’t beat it too hard. Some little things go on the way, understandable as it is 12 yrs old. Turbo inlet went on me last week. Boot to turbo cracked before turbo clamp. So waiting on Perrin blue inlet, Samco blue bpv hose and coupler to match, while there I’m looking at any vac or pcv hoses that are sweating or starting to crack and will be replaced. Also checking banjo bolts on AVCS and turbo feed to see if filters are present or not. Different srtories on different years concerning these. All around getting to know engine bay and cleaning as I go. My first subi!! Interior is impeccable EXCEPT rear left door card is from an LGT. AAARRGH, so I need to find Spec. B door card. Good luck! That means prev owner got in fender bender or whatever and easy fix was probably swapping whole door so I’m screwed. Will find one eventually. Underbody and rear suspension and frame rails show no sign of impact so just door got banged luckily. Anyway, AMAZING car I’m happy I got it. More enjoyable all year round that my previous ‘01 Bullitt!