LegacyGT.com

New STI to get 400hp from 2.4DIT?

What does the fa2.4dit weigh in comparison to ej25x? I hope the car doesn’t gain a few hundred pounds in exhange for a few dozen horsepower. No backup assist bs. No blind spot bs. No 19-speaker infotainment bs.
Complete engine is probably similar weight to a complete ej25 maybe slightly less from increased use of plastics and less piping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is it too much to hope that SOA doesn't make a blanket stitching decision? Red stitching no matter the choice was a huge let down :lol:

Screw the max HP game or high HP, I really hope they refine obscure aspects, while remaining in the current price range. I think the new chassis will cover most, but it would be nice to sit in a STi and it not feel "hollow".

I think it was a mistake for Subaru to discontinue their H6. Sure, the 2.4 is great for Ascent, but some people just gotta have a 6, especially for top-tier models.

I feel like your average Subaru buyer doesn't care. Case in point, look at how many people buy the 2.5L Outback, which struggles to get out of its own way...I have one! So I honestly don't think that these buyers are considering number of cylinders. More so, the practicality offered by the vehicles such as the Forester, Ascent, and Outback.

I feel like your average Subaru buyer doesn't care. Case in point, look at how many people buy the 2.5L Outback, which struggles to get out of its own way...I have one! So I honestly don't think that these buyers are considering number of cylinders. More so, the practicality offered by the vehicles such as the Forester, Ascent, and Outback.

Probably because people wanting to step up from a WRX have to go to another brand. I really liked my '05 Legacy GT, but after 2012 I had nothing to replace it. That's why I went with a Kia Cadenza.

Aside from the WRX & STI, Subaru just does not prioritize performance.

I think the H6-equipped models didn't sell well because they were never performance-focused, so performance-focused drivers went elsewhere.

When the Legacy 3.0R came out, it was never really 'R' material. It was hardly even 'S' material. The Legacy GT had the performance edge with a smaller engine.

When the 3.6 came out, people were saying it would be easily capable of 300+ hp, but Subaru never changed from the 250 hp that was already available in the 3.0. Sure we got more torque, but hp sells, not torque.

I can understand Outback buyers not caring much (though there was interest when those Outback STI pics surfaced), but Legacy owners cared more.

My Cadenza makes a pretty good successor to my Legacy GT, and it's not really supposed to be a sporty car. It has 293 hp & 255 ft-lbs of torque with 6-spd auto w/ manual mode. Handling is crisp for a semi-luxury car. Sure, I wish it had a real manual like my Legacy GT, but it's pretty good for what it is.

I might move to a Stinger next. I think that's the real successor to the lost Legacy performance line.