LegacyGT.com

Rear differential replacement 5th gen LGT

Well, I'll be swapping out the rear diff in my 2010 LGT very soon. Found several fairly large chunks of metal on the plug magnet during the fluid change this weekend. Has anybody done one before?

Probably will get a low mile 15+ WRX diff. Part numbers are the same. New ones are $1800!

Well, I'll be swapping out the rear diff in my 2010 LGT very soon. Found several fairly large chunks of metal on the plug magnet during the fluid change this weekend. Has anybody done one before?

Probably will get a low mile 15+ WRX diff. Part numbers are the same. New ones are $1800!

I just did mine, swapped it with a Suretrac LSD. Another member here sold me his lgt rear diff so I could swap in the LSD. I have my diff and another suretrac unit, if your interested pm me.cd2eb2d9bffa855c69c8071023db04d9.jpg497e95bdbd19a32ec0b92a65832b9f65.jpg1e1a508b97aba8d19fc66321379eb455.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just did mine, swapped it with a Suretrac LSD. Another member here sold me his lgt rear diff so I could swap in the LSD. I have my diff and another suretrac unit, if your interested pm me.

So when you swap the suretrac lsd, do you have to install the 4.11 gear on it or is it ready to swap in?

So when you swap the suretrac lsd, do you have to install the 4.11 gear on it or is it ready to swap in?
You remove the carrier and install the ring gear onto the suretrac. Took me a couple hours. There are two nubs in the diff that have to be filled down so the LSD fits. Otherwise it drops right in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was reading a manual Forester's locking rear is 4.11 and fits. How much better does it drive with the suretrac lsd?

The forester uses a viscous coupler, not the same thing as a Suretrac which is a mechanical limited slip.

In normal driving I can't tell any difference, when I get on the throttle in a turn the rear buckles down and pushes much harder now though. I am waiting for a good opportunity to try it in wet conditions or offroad. I suspect donuts in loose conditions are a definite possibility.

One other thing which stopped me from getting a used foreseter/impreza diff is the driveshaft flange size, they aren't all the same. I think if you stick to a wrx/fxt/lgt they are the same. But h4 NA models got a weaker carrier and smaller flange. Just something else to consider so you don't end up with a useless carrier assembly.